Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday # 11

7 years 5 months ago #75733 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday # 11 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

Long before CMR departed for Boca the chatter had started about what our season record would be for the 2016 season.

After CKS was named revisions started to float in and again after the G-game showing by JE……

As I have stated before I am looking at CKS first season as being 24 months long. I didn’t see us winning the east or going undefeated.

However I felt Ole Miss,UT,UF along with Assburn would be most likely each be a loss…..

I knew both Vandy and UK were improved and felt UK was more of a risk than Vandy… Came close to beating UT and played a bad game in JAX….

The scream came from the Richbots…..fire the entire coaching staff we made a huge mistake…..

I started us seeing blossom in the Mizzo game…. We just keep playing..
No quit…… Much has been written about our Auburn game….

For me it was much more than just a win… it was a statement by our players and coaches on how to push through adversity…

They importance for recruiting and rising the confidence of our current team cannot be overstated imho.

Where it came in our season and how we won says a great deal about the learning and processing what the new coaching staff is teaching…

Yes I know the win is just one….and there will be other setbacks…. But the process of building a winning program took a large step forward…

Were we play our bowl game and the fact it’s once again a lower tier is not important..what is of greater importance to me is the extra practices…..and having some of our 2017 recruits taking part in bowl practice…… already looking forward to NSD…. CKS will surprise us again…

I don’t think Black Jerseys will be an issue….. reward and keep a promise to recruits…… our players need to have fun and ball out…. don’t be looking ahead….. stay focused

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always… Go Dawgs !!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, bulldawg36869, growl, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 5 months ago #75734 by bulldawg36869
Replied by bulldawg36869 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 11
I too thought Auburn was gonna be a loss but I haven't been so happy to be wrong a long time !

It was good effort.

Some are wise and some are otherwise !
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 5 months ago #75735 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 11
36869 living as close as you do to Auburn, expect that you have heard many things said both pro and con about the game.

Both teams defenses played well. A must in the SEC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 5 months ago #75737 by Buc
A good video . . . .

vimeo.com/191954988
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 5 months ago #75738 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 11
Thanks for sharing video Buc..... great to be a Dawg and be part of doing the right thing..

It's who we are and what we do....been that way since Herty Field....... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 5 months ago #75739 by Buc
And this . . . . Gus, your bus is losing some very good players, will not be traveling in 2017. You faced off with a lot of freshmen and sophomores between the Hedges in 2016 . . . . If you lose again to Georgia in 2017, back to high school coaching for you (maybe). Know some Auburn folks and they are not happy with your lack of leadership. How many yards gained against this group of 2016 "pups"? Georgia defensive coaches understand how to stop what you do against others you face. I worry more about Georgia Tech and their running game.

Feel it appropriate to take a shot at Auburn . . . . they sure as heck were "high on the hog" prior to playing the Georgia "Pups". Enjoy reading many of the sites that carry the Auburn chatter . . . . much of it has become "bitter", and the main excuse for the "loss" . . . . injuries. Could not possibly be the lack of depth and one dimensional coaching . . . . eh? Alabama looms Gus . . . . :whistle:

vimeo.com/191906363
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds