Forum

MONDAY MORNING: before Game 10

7 years 5 months ago #75649 by growl
MONDAY MORNING: before Game 10 was created by growl
This ought to be a pretty interesting game, Dawgs need to get after it!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 5 months ago #75650 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic MONDAY MORNING: before Game 10
Lifted from the internet . . . .

Auburn Defensive Coordinator Kevin Steele on relationship with Kirby Smart: "He's very, very, very intelligent. Very intelligent. He understands football at a high, high level.... He's the whole package. He really is."

On Georgia's offense: "First thing is it's the SEC and they're a very, very good, talented football team. They got a quarterback that can throw it from here to Lagrange. He's young, but he's very talented... They got two running backs... I guess they call them Thunder and Lightning, but they're both thunder and they're both lightning to me."

On Tray Matthews returning to Georgia: "It's good reading during the week... but after the first play, it has no effect on anything."

On Georgia RB Nick Chubb: "He's the complete package."

Much more to come, not a doubt. Many players that are being recruited will focus on this game and be in attendance.

Goose, you are always on my mind at this time of the year. Hope all is well with you and family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 5 months ago #75651 by Buc
Really want to take a step back and make a comment or two about Kentucky. Realizing this game against Auburn is one that I look forward to every year.

Kentucky grew up when Mark Stoops was named head coach. When I look at all of the "Stoops brothers", Mark impresses me big time and the most. Kentucky Wildcats football will never be the same. Some might chuckle, while others do not know the history of Kentucky football. Coach Mark Stoops has accomplished much in his four year tenure. No longer will Kentucky or Vanderbilt allow themselves to be the doormats of the SEC.

There was a time when Bear Bryant ran the Kentucky program and below is a list of what Coach Bryant accomplished while running the Wildcat program.

The 1950 Kentucky Wildcats football team represented the University of Kentucky in the 1950 college football season. The offense scored 393 points while the defense allowed 69 points. Led by head coach Bear Bryant, the Wildcats were the SEC champions and by winning the Sugar Bowl were listed as the #1 ranked team 40 years later in a computer ranking produced by Jeff Sagarin, but neither the NCAA nor College Football Data Warehouse recognizes this claim.

The 1950 Kentucky team concluded its season with a victory over Bud Wilkinson's #1 ranked and NCAA champion Oklahoma Sooners in the Sugar Bowl. The living players from the 1950 Wildcats team were honored during halftime of a game during the 2005 season as the #1 ranked team for the 1950 season, even though they finished the season ranked #7 by the AP. In 1990, Jeff Sagarin released a retroactive ranking of teams for the 1950 season and Kentucky was listed #1.

Many conferences have had their sights set on the SEC recently. That is a good thing. Reason . . . . SEC Football is not willing to step back and allow the happenings of the 1950's and 1960's to repeat the failures of those rating standings.

Yep, I know this is Georgia/Auburn between the "Hedges" . . . . to that I say this . . . . have watched all of them for many years.

Punting always plays a big part in these games, regardless of where the game is played. Georgia/Auburn is not a "me" game, it is a team game, could comment on that statement many times over.

Wartdawg, #13 has to "outdo himself". Talent is there as you have mentioned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 5 months ago #75653 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic MONDAY MORNING: before Game 10
I told everyone that Ledbetter would have an impact with his own play and beyond with the #13 affect on the rest of the line. Stats don't always tell the entire story to a players impact.

I think that has proven itself to be a true statement.

We've got to remember he's still just a sophomore and his late start to the season has affected his stamina a bit. He's been getting worked back into game shape and you're right that he's got to step it up this week with his effective time on the field if the Dawgs have a chance.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
7 years 5 months ago #75654 by Buc
Have paid closer attention to Ledbetter since you mentioned his return. On film it is easy to see that he is very talented. Look forward to watching him against Auburn. Hoping also that Thompson can return without a lot of pain. Like the way #3 is playing, definitely covers a lot of territory and will "hit".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #75655 by Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds