Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75371 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens: Bye Week Friday
Boss Dawg..... truth..... spot on...

Was doing my morning walk on the trails at the botanical
Gardens.....

Thought popped into my mind....

Buc has commented several times....it's a process...

Building a winning football program is a process..

No short cuts... many moving parts...that have to come

Together and work in synchronization..... process...

Go Dawgs.......

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 6 months ago #75372 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens: Bye Week Friday
Think this article might fit here yd1 . . . .

Conversation on this board and others about the readiness of our head coach. Good solid football talk in my estimation. When FANS stop asking, usually good things fail to happen.

Coach Saban had a run as head coach of the Miami Dolphins.. How did that work out . . . . not well.

Same can be said for Lane Kiffin as head coach with the Oakland Raiders. How did that work out . . . . not well.

A lot of water has passed under the bridge and here we are looking for reasons as to whether or not Kirby Smart should be the head coach of the Georgia Bulldogs.

Think most would concede that Nick Saban is a terrific college coach.

Think most would agree that Lane Kiffin is a terrific offensive coordinator.

Think most would agree that Kirby Smart was and is a terrific defensive coordinator. Can not put the final stamp of approval on Kirby, yet . . . .

Many times in sports and the business world, it comes down to trial and error. Sometimes it is a short time, other times it sticks quickly, such is the case with Saban in Tuscaloosa and Kiffin as offensive coordinator of the Tide.

Would Lane Kiffin be successful right away if he left Saban and accepted an offer from a major football university? Questionable . . . . why? As yd1 mentioned above, it comes down to a process. Buc did not start the word process. But I understand the word and have watched it work in many different situations in my life, and would bet that more than a handful on Dawgs.com are in or have been in a process situation more than once in their life.

Coach Smart in my estimation has done an incredible job of recruiting since he arrived in Athens, and have serious doubts if any other hire than himself would have or could have done better. My opinion.

As far as being "all that" as the head coach . . . . none of us know the answer to that, neither does Kirby Smart, been on the job for a very short time. Takes a while to assemble that peach cobbler from start to finish. Coach Smart is seven(7) games into assembling our football team. Patience I have found in my life is a "virtue", and sometimes patience will bite folks squarely in the butt . . . . happened to our program in Athens, too much patience, for far too long.

n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-lan...te-big-12-recruiting
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #75373 by Buc
If you have not read the link below . . . .

Interesting comments on the article by those that follow UGA Football.

furtherreview.blog.myajc.com/2016/10/20/...e-coach-on-year-one/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 6 months ago #75374 by Buc
Reading the comments, many of which come from the "BLEEDING HEARTS" ;) reminds me of why I have spent so many years on Dawgs.com.

Oops, did I say "BLEEDING HEARTS" and "shouted" doing so, it was "INTENTIONAL". Some do not like the term, they however should find their place in the blog-o-sphere.

Bleeding hearts, Bleeding Hearts, Bleeding Hearts, what a wonderful sound . . . . like sipping a good whisky/whiskey . . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, scooby

More
7 years 6 months ago #75375 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Bye week Friday

Wartdawg wrote: Bleeding heart.

You come on here and admit you don't even watch games. You are a best only a very casual observer of college football and don't even trouble yourself with catching an actual UGA game every now and then. You've proven yourself to be have very little knowledge of the game in general, so poke away.

Others here may take a different tone than I do and won't say what I will, but I recognized you for the troll you are very early, so like I said... poke away... they may not say it but probably few here put any stock in what you say.

If I was really trolling, you would be low hanging fruit. . .

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds