Forum

From Athens- Game Day Friday # 7

7 years 6 months ago #75188 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Game Day Friday # 7 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Short week for our team and fans… CKS said things will be back on track for Wednesday practice…. Team is read for home game and keep improving….. a very good thing….

Can’t believe we have hit the half way point of the season already…

Time flies even faster once you reach the wisdom years…..

Open question to all hands….. Where we are and what’s different than where you
thought we would be?

Not in any order….. OL was slower to gel than I thought

Freshman QB…. About what I expected ….burps and hiccups… what I didn’t expect is the ice water in JE’s veins … just gets up…can throw 10 bad ones and then bang hits a pass that very few QB’s at any level could complete….. shows that he wants to learn and not be a know it all…

Understood we were undersized on both lines and had depth issues…

HC said we had issues with our DB’s…. proved to be painfully true….

Pleased that both NC and SM have recovered and showing signs of being their old selves….. a very good thing… insane we can go 5 deep and RB….. imo NC goes and SM stays to improve stock as lead back in 2017…..

Seeing weekly improvement….at many positions… like what I see with young LB’s……

Lot of talk about if’s and butts over a game performance against the
Chickens….. no question we could have done better….. but for us to win in Columbia has not been easy in the recent years… even when it was stated we were a much better team…. Yes agree coaching played a large part in those losses…

Richbots back under their rocks…… hail mary pass or blocked PAT…. Hmmm…. No horns to be tooted this week..sorry…not…

Looking forward to watching the game this week…. Looking for more improvement….. thinking our passing game regains some sizzle while we still run the ball really well.

Thoughts and prayers for those who still trying to restart their lives after Matthew…

Good to hear from wlayton…. Looking forward to your return…. Missing my cold brews…..

Home coming weekend….. in the past we always look like plow phonies playing Vandy…. New HC….. I think that changes …

Pause and give thanks

Been awhile since I gave a shout out to Greg and the troops at the VA…

Thanks to all who have served and are serving now……

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, scooby

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75189 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 7
Looking back there was no way to predict the season. 'Hopeful the HC change was as good as what we discussed all summer.' was my main thought back then.

I didn't focus on the players as much except to know they were adjusting to the new ways. Flip flopping to get here. W's and L's. A couple of games showed some work has been done and the team has done better.

Now I am feeling the changes Kirby Smart has brought to the program. 'No excuses, get to work.'

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

7 years 6 months ago #75190 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 7
Halfway through, we see that the first half exposed a number of deficiencies and saw some progress to do what we can with what we have.

Second half is going to be a spotlight on coaching. We know what we have and have seen some improvement. But it has been spotty - would like to see all facets of game show up at the same time. Iron out some more kinks against Vandy, then strap up for the Gators and Tigers.

If we go 3-3 or 4-2, it will be disappointing. I can see one more realistic loss, if the team is really coming together. We'll find out over the next weeks. Let's catch fire and clean 'em out the rest of the year. Go Dawgs!

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75191 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 7
I see Florida and auburn being tough games to win. Gt a toss up.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75192 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 7
The usc game was a good win. I saw the opening drive and thought it was going to be an easy win. Turned out to be a little bit of a struggle, but a good win.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75194 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Game Day Friday # 7
Good stuff YD1.

I think this game needs to be a confidence building win. I don't use the term "signature win" because that implies weakness and is much too associated with the former regime. I just think that a strong performance today would go a long way to set the tone for the rest of the season. It would be nice to see us come out and take control from start to finish and I think it may very well happen.

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds