Forum

Something Has Changed In SEC Recruiting

7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #75091 by Buc
This also interests me . . . . 2017 recruiting. What interests me is where the players are "from".

Not that long ago, I spent some time on this board chirping about Georgia High School Players choosing Alabama to play college football.

List below shows what can be done in recruiting when a team has a winning record, not just a 10 win record, a record that lays out the competition that the wins were recorded against.

Not one player on the list below from Georgia. What does that say?

Alabama is listed as the number two best recruiting college in 2017 at this point.

Makes me stop and ask myself why? Have a couple of answers for myself . . . . Maybe Smart and Company have something to do with that? Don't know. Do know this, we have "more" young men taking more than one look at UGA.

Also believe this . . . . Kirby Smart will not issue a scholarship to any player or players that he does not "personally" believe fits our program. That whether anyone believes it or not has not been the "normal" for many years. Don't believe that . . . . check the "shotgun" approach prior to Smart and Company.

alabama.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Commits

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 6 months ago #75092 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Something Has Changed In SEC Recruiting
What caught my eye was how many five star, and then how many 4 star recruits bama had. That's how you get depth right there.

This was interesting to me.

247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Recruits

Three of the top five recruits going to bama. Also see six five stars going to osu.

Five star equals top 35ish recruit. So basically first round pick when you compare to nfl talent. So bama and osu are reloading. . .

More
7 years 6 months ago #75093 by scooby
I just looked back at the five star recruits over the last five years. Bama always had five or six. I hope Kirby was paying attention, because that seems a good way to build depth.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75094 by scooby
This was interesting to me.

www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000320664/...ge-football-recruits

Florida was getting the most elite talent ten years ago. Seems like more schools were getting a guy here and there back then.

Do schools still cheat in recruiting, that is pay players to attend their university. I think it happens, but I really don't know.

More
7 years 6 months ago #75096 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Something Has Changed In SEC Recruiting
For sure Scooby, Coach Smart was the coach hot on the trail and doing the recruiting work for many or most of the five star recruits while the Defensive Coordinator in Tuscaloosa. He understands and is presently changing the way recruiting has been done in Athens.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 6 months ago #75097 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Something Has Changed In SEC Recruiting
Bruce Feldman of Fox had this to say recently . . . .

Smart still trying to find his way

Word is first-year Georgia head coach Kirby Smart is struggling with his overall management style of the football program and its effect on the operational aspect of the team. The Bulldogs are 3-2, and though this is a rebuilding project where the Nick Saban disciple has an inexperienced true freshman QB, an underwhelming O-line and only one starter back in his front seven, this is an issue worth keeping eye on.

And this wet behind the ears "twerp" came along and added this to his scribblings.

www.seccountry.com/georgia/report-kirby-...-of-football-program

Once being a part of the media, never did I or any that I associated with "whore" ourselves and the profession we were involved with like the "kid" in the article above. Getting so bad that it makes one want to knock the "spit" out of these "COPY cats".

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds