Forum

One Fans View . . . .

7 years 8 months ago #74091 by Buc
One Fans View . . . . was created by Buc
JaCoby Stevens choosing LSU, overall not a huge surprise. Many teams wanted JaCoby, good reason for that, plays football well.

Reading some of the sites and wrappers, one would think that the sky is falling. Not so.

The stronger our classes become from the group of coaches in Athens now, from year to year, there will be a lot of young men moving around. These guys want playing time, some think that they can commit and play right away, not the case at UGA “any more”.

Young folks will come in, understand that football has changed at Georgia, going to be even more like Alabama. Can’t count the times that I along with others have wished for us to be able to “reload” not hung out on a limb chasing players to fill holes . . . . basically a stop gap system for years.

Wanted JaCoby, but . . . . If we are going to see this more often, not a doubt in my mind that we are definitely on the right track. Been a long time for me to feel this comfortable with the “process” that has found its way to the Classic City.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 8 months ago #74092 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic One Fans View . . . .
It's part of the game, Buc. We all know the addage: you win some, you lose some. Pretty much on point here. Sure, would have loved to see him in Athens, but the best of luck to him in his decision. The "fit" has to be right, and for whatever reason, this kid felt Athens didn't quite fit him right.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
7 years 8 months ago #74094 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic One Fans View . . . .
The sky isn't falling. But that type of stuff is par for the course with most of these toilet papers.

Despite what the rumors said, I never had the feeling that Stevens was a lock for UGA. And look, as LimeyDawg said, you win some you lose some. The SEC has many schools for a recruit to choose from. There is nothing wrong with LSU, it features all the pageantry that UGA does, it's a rock solid program and will compete regularly in the SEC West. At some point all the pundits need to admit that recruiting is way overblown. Kind of like the star system in recruiting, I honestly take recruiting with a grain of salt and refuse to allow myself to get sucked into the vortex of hinging on every tweet from some 18 year old kid who is getting attention showered on him and plays it for all its worth. But the snapper wrappers and their writers have to draw a salary and they're going to play it up to be much bigger than it is.

Either a recruit wants to come to UGA or he doesn't. End of subject. Wait a couple of seasons and we'll see who doesn't want to play for UGA and Kirby.

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds