Forum

Tempered Expectations

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74026 by LimeyDawg
Tempered Expectations was created by LimeyDawg
Gotta do this, because it's a "thing" every year. What's the prediction for the Dawgs this season, now that we've got CKS steering the ship? I haven't noticed anyone throw up the annual "we're a shoe-in for the National Championship," and that's a testament to the maturity on this site.

I think we all know that CKS isn't happy with the state of the team, at least in the context that he isn't playing with "his" players yet. He wants bigger linemen, but he's inherited a team that emphasized speed over size. From his comments, I'm gathering that anyone who signs with the Dawgs has a chance to play from day one, another departure from the past where Red Shirts kept the cupboard full. I think that talent and hard work will get kids on the field now, so perhaps we get to see the full potential of those highly touted recruits, not a clipped two-season look before they head off to the NFL. I also get the distinct impression that there will be no more "Coxing" the team, meaning allowing people to take up positions in order to avoid hurting their feelings. Can I get a hallelujah?

So, with that in mind, what's the prediction for the season? Can we win the East? Yes, maybe...we'll need some things to go our way and it definitely comes down to whether or not Kirby's team can coach these kids up. SEC? Again, maybe. I get the feeling that we're 2-3 seasons out from competing for the NC, but I can't escape the fact that the program seems to be heading in the right direction, right now. This is a transition year where CKS is cleaning up with MRs kids. There's talent there, for sure, and the make-or-break of the season comes down to coaching. 9-3. 10-2. Possible, but also 8-4 seems doable too. First season, we have to expect hiccups, but from what I've seen so far, Kirby is loading up for bear, and the future is bright.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LimeyDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 8 months ago #74027 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Tempered Expectations
I am going to take it one game at a time.

The difference is I think we can win games we gave up on during the last few seasons.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74028 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Tempered Expectations
LimeyDawg, again what I would call a "real look".

You said and it leaves little disagreement at this time.

I haven't noticed anyone throw up the annual "we're a shoe-in for the National Championship," and that's a testament to the maturity on this site.

Below Kirby speaking to a group in Atlanta . . . . very sure of himself and as you said starting this thread . . . . everyone has a chance to play. I believe that. Do not believe Kirby Smart is talking out of his you know what.

Many in Dawg Nation want instant results. I believe we will see results. Some of the results will not be on the turf, it will be what is going on behind the scene. Recruiting/building for example, FANS find the "real stuff" out down the road.

Feels good to go into 2016 and feel progress has been made, not pulling the same game plan out from years prior.

Change was needed. Steve do not believe we will see "slumped shoulders/pads" as we have so often seen before.

vimeo.com/176233765

EDIT: Two words that Kirby uses in the video that I enjoyed hearing . . . . FOCUS and PREPARATION.

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, scooby

More
7 years 8 months ago #74029 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Tempered Expectations
I think how the team plays in the opening game is going to be a good indicator of how the season will go. They are playing a good but not great team and the schedule has four or five teams in the category. To bad bama is not on the schedule this year, that would be an interesting game.

I wonder who will be the qb this year? Kinda think it will be the virginia guy until he messes up.

Im glad to see the fans excited and hope you have a big year. I wouldnt get to upset if the record is not great this year. Got to give Kirby a chance to recruit his type of players.

Going on a trip where the nights will be chilly. Broke out my uga sweatshirt... B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
7 years 8 months ago #74032 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Tempered Expectations
I really hope GL is the third team backup for Jason Eason, and I believe it will be that way

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!GATA

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
7 years 8 months ago #74033 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Tempered Expectations
We've got a ton of fresh faces to get excited about. Holyfield and Harmon are two I'm particularly interested in seeing on the field. But many more, too.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

• LimeyDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds