Forum

Defensive Line

7 years 8 months ago #74010 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Defensive Line
Buc....Growl this thread on our DL is exactly the example

Of the type of knowledgeable football discussions that

Dawgs.com is noted for.... Good stuff gents thanks ....

Go Dawgs....

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #74011 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Defensive Line
As the saying goes" If you hang around a barbershop long enough you are bound to get a haircut" :pinch:

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

• growl
  • growl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 8 months ago #74021 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Defensive Line
Chief Growl, looking forward to your Game Day Thread, getting closer.

Thought this back and forth about UNC and the ACC was worth a read. I did. Many of the comments reminded me of UGA not that long ago.

forums.rivals.com/threads/i-hope-we-can-...eday-culture.585118/

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74022 by Buc
Growl, before the 2016 Season is over, I believe that college football is going to know who Robert Beal is.

Oops . . . . :blush:

Many folks are comparing Robert Beal to Lorenzo Carter, that is not a bad thing, when talking about football talent.

Difference that I see between the two is not the sacking skills, difference appears to be Beal is a much better run defender than Carter. Do believe the new group of coaches will get Carter's attention in 2016 about stopping the run. Pruitt had a lot of problems with Carter not playing the position at 100%. Smart is no different.

Not a doubt that Beal will see time on kickoffs, but I feel he is going to get playing time when the defensive side lines up. A plus for Special Teams, no doubt, and much needed.

UGA coaches have every right to be excited about this young man. Another serious building block.

Great get by this coaching staff.

www.hudl.com/video/3/3127648/5721d4fa4df6124b7022a0ce

Got ahead of myself . . . . next season.

More
7 years 8 months ago #74025 by Buc
Of course I do not know if anyone on this board that reads or posts has taken the time to look closely at the Ole Miss “Recruiting Situation”.

Just a guess on my part . . . . believe that Hugh Freeze will be suspended under the current NCAA Rules. How many games . . . . do not have a clue.

Personally, not and have not been on the side of the NCAA for a long time. Takes me back to conversations that we have had on this board.

One of the strong points that were made for the Richt group was being “honest”, also, lying down when the NCAA “barked”. Will stop with that, opinions vary.

For those that are still hanging around waiting for the hammer to fall on Kirby Smart . . . . won’t happen. Runs a tight ship. Many pouters like to point their fingers at Nick Saban . . . . last glance at the program in Tuscaloosa, they are still loading up and playing for National Championships . . . . most years.

Hard to beat “solid coaching”.

Smart and Company understand the rules, also understand the “recruiting game”. Seems to me that we (UGA) is sitting in the cat birds seat at this time.

Comes down to “coaching”. Most of us understand that Smart and Company will run the football program “differently”. Might be it was time for this to happen. Bet this . . . . 93,000 + FANS and another “x” amount walking the surrounding area in the Classic City because of “limitations” inside Sanford Stadium have wanted a “change” for “x” number of years. I am one of those.

Ole Miss and Tennessee back to back.

Go Dawgs :)

More
7 years 8 months ago #74030 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Defensive Line
In my opinion, the "bad" caused by a university like ole miss cheating causes a lot more damage than the "good" caused by winning a championship. Just shake my head that winning football games is important enough to tarnish a university reputation.

More
Time to create page: 0.030 seconds