Forum

Media Alert Day One on Kirby Smart Hire . . . .

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74002 by Buc
After the coaching change was made, correct me if I am wrong . . . . First said on this site that Kirby Smart would "quickly" get the attention of the media.

Well . . . .

www.dawgnation.com/football/emersons-vie...s-the-saban-playbook

Why would the media expect a different approach from someone that had spent many successful years with Nick Saban and "Rock the Damn Boat"? Success breeds success . . . . does it not?

Coach Smart has changed the entire game plan for UGA Football. Who is going to get in his way? Greg McGarity?

Go Dawgs, new direction, clear "half time thinking" for example.

EDIT: Copied from the article.

What appeared to be the pre-planned statement:

“It’s more important to me that you guys would ask how Jonathan’s doing. Because nobody asks that. The only question I get whenever I go somewhere is what’s Jonathan’s suspension going to be. I’m waiting on one of y’all to come up and ask, How’s Jonathan doing?”

That’s fine. That’s admirable. It’s also straight out of Nick Saban’s playbook.

Another reason if you want to go in that direction is . . . . "Nick Saban" is incredibly successful in Tuscaloosa.

Media "pups" could learn a lot from those that preceded them. I said that. Some have began to understand.

Go Dawgs, seating arrangement has changed in Butts-Mehre. Halftime change in football games and changes with the media.

Go Dawgs, Go Head Coach Kirby Smart . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #74003 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Media Alert Day One on Kirby Smart Hire . . . .
Kirby Smart shows a lot of character in the dressing down of the media about Jonathan.

I like his style. Good man.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds