Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 9 months ago #73892 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning,

Welcome July….. countdown clock to kickoff his moving faster than I can remember in recent history….

Campus has been quite and pups are doing drills and working in the weight room ….all good things to hear….

It has been another good week as the class of 2017 has been talking about how much of a change has taken place in Athens…. In last weeks BPS I commented on how hard and effective our coaching staff is going about recruiting players.

Nothing has been done this week to lessen my belief that we no longer recruit by hit and miss methods….. a very good thing….
Me I like that the heads are making the pumpkin people from Knoxs Vegas the darlings of the east.. division of the SEC…

Kirby’s pups are running under the radar… it’s just the place I feel we benefit from the most…. Under promise and over deliver …..

Had a flashback this week on how close we came to not having CKS come home to Athens….. don’t feel we be feeling as optimistic for the future… don’t think recruiting would have reached the level it has…

Yes the bleeding heart still loom waiting for a pending disaster …. Crowing that our new staff hasn’t done anything yet….

They turn a blind eye to the quick success to our recruiting program…

Always been big about letting the season play out ….one game at a time

focus on taking care of the business in front of you for the current week…. All the rest will take care of itself….

Growl…… did a pork tenderloin with fresh veggies…. Try the beef soon…

Georgia misses DWS calling me out for more treats for her… thoughts your way friend …

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week…

As always “Go Dawgs”…… fever is building..fun meter is still inching

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg, growl, scooby

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73893 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

yankeedawg1 wrote: Yes the bleeding heart still loom waiting for a pending disaster …. Crowing that our new staff hasn’t done anything yet….

I have prepared myself for a season of this.

July 1st dawg fans! Not long now!

Great stuff yd1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #73894 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
yankeedawg1 you said . . . .

It has been another good week as the class of 2017 has been talking about how much of a change has taken place in Athens…. In last weeks BPS I commented on how hard and effective our coaching staff is going about recruiting players.

georgia.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Commits

Looking at the young men in the link above, takes me to this . . . . Looking at the stars beside each recruits name, causes me to wonder.

I watch a lot of videos and scratch my head when I see some rated as 5 stars that in my opinion aren't nearly as impressive as the four and three star recruits. Many of the ratings are based on who and where those rating young men are from. FACT.

Big difference when a young man is playing high school football and then moves up to college football. I have said this before, will do so again . . . . Todd Gurley left high school with a 3 star rating. There are so many instances in the "rating game" that are totally flawed by who and where the rating "expert" resides.

As you say yd1, and have said before . . . . comes a time when "coaching matters". You at one point on Dawgs.com referred to coaching as "teaching". Some coaches understand the "overall game" and makes "teaching" a realistic fact.

Won't beat the drum too hard but . . . . Head Coach Kirby Smart and those that he "hired" . . . . TEACH. It will play out sooner rather than later. Solid foundation was laid when Smart and Company arrived in Athens.

Good read . . . .georgia.247sports.com/Article/Georgia-Bu...ss-Kirby-Sm-46058998

Good read yankeedawg1. BPS has been a "special feature" on Dawgs.com for a long time. Thank you.

Go Dawgs "Teach'em Up" . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 9 months ago #73895 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
This was said in this thread earlier. BPS Thread.

As you say yd1, and have said before . . . . comes a time when "coaching matters". You at one point on Dawgs.com referred to coaching as "teaching". Some coaches understand the "overall game" and makes "teaching" a realistic fact.

If the article below does not speak to "teaching" not sure if any article does or has.

Smart and Company are for real. Coach Jim Chaney and the S&C group have turned Jacob Eason around quickly. Shows what can be done if the "student" is willing to listen to the "teacher".

Copied this paragraph from the article below.

“He told me it goes by fast and he likes that he’s really being pushed there at Georgia,” Durant said. “He feels like he is learning like crazy. He thought it was going to be more difficult than it actually is but the coaches have found a way to make things easier for him. They are helping him out big-time and teaching him a lot.”

www.dawgnation.com/football/team-news/ex...s-made-so-far-at-uga
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
7 years 9 months ago #73896 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Thanks for the kind words..... Was on campus twice this week walking around showing friends who were visiting the stadium and surrounding area.

Many comments about how beautiful the setting was and
Hiow it fits all together.

Hell ...me as s fan gets tearing up with pride can't even
Imagine what the players feel during the Dawg Walk

Looking a Sanford one more time...

Playing between the hedges means something again..

Enjoy the Fourth.... We know Liberty and freedom is
Anything but free...

Big thanks to our Vets. .... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 9 months ago #73897 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Buc, I hear what you say about the star rating being political. No doubt. But look at bamas number of four and five stars. It's percentages. Maybe some bust but you get enough hosses you will win.

bleacherreport.com/articles/2613628-alab...ege-football-history

Five stars are basically the top 35 high school players. So to compare to the nfl, bama gets about five first round picks every year. Coaching surely matters, but nothing matters more than recruiting.

That's why uga needs to get that ipf complete. Shiny stuff like that matters to the 5 star young men more than anything. Kinda sad, but that's reality.

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds