Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

7 years 10 months ago #73802 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Day All,

We have a few more days before summer officially get here, however it has been another toasty week. Georgia has her favorite spot lying on the tile floor under the AC vent. Smart dog….

She just started to talk about the new coach. Her question was who you would rather have as a first year coach?

True there are a bunch of names out there…. But…. Who has the best connection to Georgia..with the strongest resume with experience in the SEC.

While he hasn’t coached a real game yet as a HC….one has to believe after watching him for six months he has a clear understanding of what needs to be done to improve our football program.

He saw a need for new locker rooms and a recruiting area for recruits and their families at Sanford both will be ready for first home game.

My money says HC is aware of potty problems and has put the words In several articles …he has made mention that Sanford is in need of a fresh look…. He is not speaking about hanging up few pictures….looking to catch up to several other SEC schools that have made recent stadium renovations….. HC wants to be competitive in all areas when going after recruits….. HC does not want to be in the middle of the pack….out front leading is what he is use to and he wants to bring to Georgia… I like it a lot……… interesting enough…buried in the talk about the new locker rooms and recruiting area is the statement about improving concession stands and bathrooms at Sanford…….hmmmmm……

Bill King will keep us posted….. me thinks this is a case of less talk and more action…. Don’t talk about it…brings problem back into play…fix it so it is no longer spoken about…. Puppies on campus..team grinding the stone…getting better…. Like that the noise level has dropped… team is learning about itself and about each other….

Soon a river of sweat will flow on the South Milledge Ave practice fields….

Fourth of July seeking up really quick….

Week from Sunday Fathers Day…..

Pause and give thanks…..

Have a great weekend and a safe week….

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, rockdawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73803 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
YD1,

Thanks for getting the weekend off to a good start. A little cognitive dissonance on this end; want the summer to drag, but can't wait for football.

CKS has always been good at gametime, and has learned from the jedi master of NCAA football. No worries after kickoff. And he has been doing all the other HC stuff really well. Recruiting is fine, both this year and next, and in out years. He has put together a good staff, who all seem to be reflecting his professional approach, yet relate well to the young pups.

I think we are going to be equally pleasantly surprised at his sideline presence. CMR was a presence early on, but it just seemed to fade the last few years.

Major excitement. No more expectations of the team under-performing against everyone, losing a stupid game every year, and losing the big games. No more being afraid of other teams. He is the real deal, and with the talent we have and will get, we are definitely on the right path.

Make Georgia share the vent. You'll need it this weekend!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 10 months ago #73804 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Rockdawg always good to have you check in...agree with everything you

posted...... Dog goes mule on me when it comes to her AC..... I move to

another room.... you know who runs the the house...

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73805 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Just working here. Heat setting in... 90's.

Keeping my ears to the track. This is the slowest time of the year on this forum.

No bathroom action. hmmmm.

Interesting recruiting going on.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds