7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73791 by Buc
CUROSITYand FACTS . . . . was created by Buc
Curosity got the best of me . . . .

Auburn Football Roster . . . .

98 Players on the Roster . . . .

34 Players from Alabama . . . .

36 Players from Georgia . . . .

28 Players from other states . . . .

Believe that to be close to accurate, never know when a player chooses to leave and another replaces him.

Read where Malzahn's contract has been extended. Understandable, Auburn trying to quiet some of the "chatter".

Smart and Company now situated solidly in Athens, will be interesting to see just how much this hampers Auburn's recruiting in Georgia.

Book is basically closed on 2016, and from where I sit, the short amount of time that Smart and Company had to put out some fires and move forward, they did quickly.

2017 is going to be a "battle for recruits" like none we have witnessed before.

Georgia is ready and willing. For many years the statement was made "wait until next year", seems there was always this 2 year excuse. I look forward to 2016, and 2017 recruiting now has us as the sixth (6th) best at this point. Ranked sixth and have yet to have a 5***** listed as committed. That will change soon.

247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

georgia.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Commits

Go Dawgs :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73792 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic CUROSITYand FACTS . . . .
Often find myself replaying the video below. Over the years the word TEAM has been used by many.

We have had "many" players come through Athens and play as a TEAM, but when I look back at the way we approached UGA Football prior to 2016, something was always missing. I was no different than the many UGA FANS that "hoped" change would actually happen. Too often statistics found its way into our program, but speaking for myself, felt empty after some of the more successful years.

I like the way the video below was assembled. New S&C Coach Scott Sinclair opens the video, not the head coach, a member of the TEAM.

This group of coaches, chosen by Kirby Smart will produce. They are producing. This group does not sit in their offices and wait for the players to come to them, they do it the old fashioned way, they work. My opinion that was a lost art in Athens, for a very long time. Even before 2001.

vimeo.com/157485345

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73793 by Buc
Kimberley Nash, The Lady Sportswriter continues to do an excellent job. This particular article on the offensive line, really aligns with this board and some of our feelings about what has been a "missing link".

As the offensive line improves, so does the rest of our football team.

Not for a minute do I think that Tracy Rocker will slip and fall on what needs to be done on the defensive line.

Coaches like the two mentioned above will do and are doing the work needed to bring more attention to UGA Football from young men that have previously chose other universities.

As mentioned above, this is a group of coaches hired by Kirby Smart that will work as hard as anyone on the staff.

Another really good read Kimberley.

theladysportswriter.com/georgia-football...gaps-offensive-line/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago #73794 by Buc
Just finished reading this article from the AJC.

First thought that came to my mind was McGarity in charge of contracts.

Copied this from the article below

It is essentially a disciplinary clause and it is found in the compensation section of Smart’s new contract. It gives Georgia Athletic Association the right to withhold pay from the head coach in the case of a material violation of “one or more of the duties, obligations or expectations … that do not rise to a level warranting termination.”

What about the $65,000 payoff on G Day McGarity? How does that fit into what "you" took responsibility for? Apologies after the fact Greg, it is clearer now than before. Do you have the same language in your contract? If so, pay up. Better yet, move on.

www.dawgnation.com/football/kirby-smarts...ct-and-ethics-clause

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73795 by Buc
This thread started with Auburn and their recruiting areas.

While Buc probably is not the best at gathering information, will say this . . . . Buc understands that Georgia Fans have been used and maybe coming close to being played as "the ROW" knows just exactly where you and I are.

Buc is real close to moving on, sending Steve a note soon about my reasons for that.

Dawgs.com is a special place, but too many excuses, or lack of reasoning from those that are board members and do not participate in the "offseason" and many times choose to read, not say a damn thing.

Having been on this board for several years, I am "flabbergasted" that so many are so good understanding UGA/SEC Football and understand what "we" need to do to turn "our" program around.

Here is where Buc is at . . . . "Our program" is being "turned around".

Guessing that some do not see that, choose to read.

Excuses do not work here. If you reply to what I have said, will be honest with you about your remarks.

Some things never change. You choose to walk with those that speak or post when the Season starts . . . . understood.

Will never forget what one board member said on Dawgs.com and never backed off . . . . PP on EXCUSES.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73796 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic CUROSITYand FACTS . . . .
Buc, I would hate for you to stop posting. I stop in here often to keep up with uga football for reasons I have stated. I know I have "poked the bear" a few times, but I really enjoy reading all of the posts here.

I have always thought uga was right on the edge of winning championships. I will be surprised if the record next year will be much different than the past. That's because I believe it's more about recruiting and keeping hosses eligible than having the right weight coach, special team coach, etc. I'm looking forward to seeing how the dawgs do next year with Kirby. Going to be interesting. Really hope yins run the table and call me a da for my prediction.

You might be a little more "fanatical" than the average fan. :)
Don't take it the wrong way when folk don't post much in the off season. Most Just waiting for the season.

Edit....
And....the mr severance package was a bargain when you consider Jacob Eason came to uga. Love him(mr) or hate him, if I was a pocket qb with an nfl arm I'd go somewhere they didn't run the qb to often.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds