Forum

HINES WARD

18 years 2 months ago #507 by Elvisdawg
HINES WARD was created by Elvisdawg
While i am a big fan and glad to see him get the MVP , is there anyone out there beside me who got a little upset when during the introductions he said he was from "Forest Park GA" instead of "University of Georgia" while all the other players introduced themselves and the name of their school ??? Also during the MVP presentation i think there was a chance for a "How 'bout them DAWGS !" . Disappointing. Also if the Steelers had lost (which we know they didnt) i had the play when they were inside the 10 that was GUARANTEED to work. I dont think it was in the Steelers playbook but i call it "Hob Nail Boot" and if you actually need the details listen to Larry Munsons call on this website and just change David Greene to "Big Ben" and the DAWGS to the Steelers and there you would have it. Hines definitely played MVP game but i would have loved to seen Verron Haynes get a TD from "Hob Nail Boot " GO DAWGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no greater stadium than Sanford, no greater running back than Walker and nothing greater in all of football than being a Georgia Bulldog !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Elvisdawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
18 years 2 months ago #508 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: HINES WARD
Hines Ward has, on countless occasions, given acknowledgement to UGA, notwithstanding several trips to Athens during a Steelers off week to speak to the players and staff and attend games. Hines was/is a dyed in the wool dawg!

This was an epic moment in his career and in a pregame ESPN interview, he tipped his cards as to where his heart stood. Hines is deeply rooted to his family and to his High School, where it all began for him. What better moment in time to acknowledge the town, place and time which first fostered and encouraged the growth and maturation of a young Hines Ward.

Not once, on any given Sunday, was Hines Ward not mentioned by the on-air staff as hailing from Georgia. Likewise, his UGA connection was mentioned on-air by the Super Bowl play-by-play. Unless your idea of football includes a round ball and opposing nets, you have undoubtedly been immersed in more player historical information by the "color" analysist than is necessary. IMHO, this was Hines' prime opportunity to give credit, where credit was long overdue!

In a day and age where pregame player introductions are more of an opportunity for individuals to coin nicknames for themselves and their schools, I find it rather refreshing to see an honest and heartfelt acknowledgement.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
18 years 2 months ago #509 by Elvisdawg
Replied by Elvisdawg on topic Re: HINES WARD
i didnt see any of the pregame and i missed the kickoff. i had been a church as that was a bigger priority than the superbowl , but i did make it in time for the aforementioned introductions so i was not a party to the information you gave. i will admit it puts it in somewhat of a different perspective but i do remain a little disappointed none the less. i dont find the on the air staff mentioning the college they attend that much, maybe i am just missing it. the nfl is a money making machine, much like nascar and it does not serve their ends to dwell on the college team , which are , in a way, competition for the football fans dollar. i dont watch that much nfl except the carolina panthers and i rarely hear, "Georgia's John Kasey is trotting out for the extra point after that inteception returned for a touchdown by Georgia's Will Witherspoon". It is almost always the panthers this and the panthers that . I will give you your points, i understand your points but i still remain disappointed as i dont know if there has ever been a Georgia alum that has been superbowl mvp and i am much more a DAWGS fan than ANY NFL team or individual player.Sportswise UGA FOOTBALL is my MT EVEREST !!! GO DAWGS !!! :D

There is no greater stadium than Sanford, no greater running back than Walker and nothing greater in all of football than being a Georgia Bulldog !

• Elvisdawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds