Forum

One game at a time: Ole Miss

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #50251 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic One game at a time: Ole Miss
I don't know what's up with our O-Line, but I'm not sure they can really improve that much so quickly.

Guys, I guess it's just because of the .. ya know.. past SEVERAL years, but I'm worried that Florida game has us
now over confident. I've seen it from some of the fans, and I've seen it in some of the attitudes from the coaches. It's like we've just up and decided the issues from that SC game
are all behind us and by golly we sure are on our way now.

Like the title of the thread says... one game at a time. Don't get over confident or someone we should defeat might jump
up and bite us on the backside.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #50253 by UGAChemDawg
Replied by UGAChemDawg on topic Re: One game at a time: Ole Miss

Wartdawg wrote: I don't know what's up with our O-Line, but I'm not sure they can really improve that much so quickly.

Guys, I guess it's just because of the .. ya know.. past SEVERAL years, but I'm worried that Florida game has us
now over confident. I've seen it from some of the fans, and I've seen it in some of the attitudes from the coaches. It's like we've just up and decided the issues from that SC game
are all behind us and by golly we sure are on our way now.

Like the title of the thread says... one game at a time. Don't get over confident or someone we should defeat might jump
up and bite us on the backside.

I do not understand how anyone could be over confident from that win. Every problem that we had before the Florida game made itself evident during the Florida game. We won largely because Florida has just as many problems of their own. Our defense got motivated to play by someone who shouldn't have had to motivate them against a team with no offense. As for Murray and company, how anybody can look at the offensive side of the football and come to the conclusion that things are ok is beyond me.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #50262 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: One game at a time: Ole Miss
First, UGAChemDawg, you are right. Overconfidence should NEVER be a problem with ANY team, much less UGA . . . we're just not that good.

However, Florida has done a few things this year that impress. First, they beat Texas A&M in College Station. Now I'm not saying that's impossible, but A&M ain't too shabby (at least not like Mizzou). Then they handed it to South Carolina. Many will say the 'Cocks were down because of losing a close one to LSU and were playing "Lattimore-less", but that is precisely why the 'Cocks should NOT have been down. They were in control of their own destiny and should have played like it. If they let down, they deserved what they got. Also, Florida beat LSU. Admittedly that was at home, but still - LSU ain't shabby either. Beating LSU COUNTS.

So, the Florida win counts as a quality win. Period. There is simply no way to avoid that. Deficiencies will ALWAYS be apparent against a quality opponent, and they were. But the "D" showed up. And we did score two touchdowns against none - winning combination.

Now, having said all that. If we lose to Ole Miss, hang it up. We'll order a moving van to park outside Mark Richt's house over in Oconee County. While Ole Miss has tested some good (not GREAT) teams, they haven't beaten any. We have. A let down is inexcusable. When you are in the driver's seat for a championship, and it's win or stay home, you win. Or stay home (and wait for the moving van to show up). "Letting down" is ridiculous. It's not like you play every day - you got a whole week to prepare mentally and physically. Watching another team step foot onto your field is a slap to the face. Be a grown man and don't allow anyone to slap you in the face without giving them a SEVERE beat down.

The season is already ruined, but c'mon. Show a little pride Dawgs. GATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds