Forum

Todd Grantham Theory

11 years 6 months ago #49883 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Todd Grantham Theory
Buc, something you just said rings true, about the players taking on the character of their coach(es). I read recently where Mike Gilliard (not to pick on anyone, but the article highlighting his comment comes immediately to mind) said "losing is just part of the game". To hear that coming from anyone engaged in ANY competitive endeavor is gut wrenching for me. I understand what is meant by "winning isn't everything", but it IS the objective. Period. Richt's acceptance of losing is contagious, and I believe this is ULTIMATELY the issue - that, and not having a clue how to approach playing top tier teams.

Back to lurking - just had to remark on Gilliard's remark, given the excellent posts in this thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, Buc, bulldawg36869

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #49884 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Re: Todd Grantham Theory
To me this has been the biggest disappointment this season. I can't understand how you go from being one of the most dominating defenses in the country last year, having most of your key players return and become a mediocre d at best and absolutely horrible on third downs. If it continues no worries about someone hiring CTG from us. Who would want him?

More
11 years 6 months ago #49887 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Todd Grantham Theory
Buc, my comment about "you can coach 'em up but can't make them play" certainly was NO backing of our coaching staff. I'm on board with everyone, we need change and in a hurry.

It just seems our players have zero desire.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 6 months ago #49901 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Todd Grantham Theory
He's not purposely being soft.

We were just really never that good. We feasted on a weak schedule and put on a smoke and mirrors show.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TN Dawg

More
11 years 6 months ago #49902 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Todd Grantham Theory

wlayton wrote: Buc, my comment about "you can coach 'em up but can't make them play" certainly was NO backing of our coaching staff. I'm on board with everyone, we need change and in a hurry.

It just seems our players have zero desire.

wlayton, did not take it that way. These young men have the talent. All of us know that, and most of us hate to say too much. Several supporters of this board and others have been around for a long time, we have seen the best and worst of recruits. With you totally, need a change in the coaching area. Seems to me that several of the folks have been saying that we (UGA) have been a foot short or so for more than a year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
11 years 6 months ago #49903 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Todd Grantham Theory

Wartdawg wrote: He's not purposely being soft.

We were just really never that good. We feasted on a weak schedule and put on a smoke and mirrors show.

Wartdawg, you and sadlerdawg have it spot on.

Question . . . .
Are the coaches trying to put something past us? Looking at the players we have, they could play for a lot of D1 Universities. Could all of our coaches coach at D1 Universities? Is it the talent skills of our players or is it the lack of those that make the big bucks to . . . . coach'em up? Think that is a valid question or questions.

Mark Richt will never take the University of Georgia Football Team to an undefeated season or national championship. You will not hear from Buc about what a good man Mark Richt is, we turned that page this year with the talent he left behind. Mark Richt needs to look inward . . . . . before the serious "hate" starts to look him square in the eyes. Talking down to folks will no longer be allowed or accepted.

As Wartdawg said, smoke and mirrors and from Buc and others the "Party Line" is no longer accepted. President of our University is hauling ass next June, might be the next President will understand that our Football Program is worth a couple of bucks. Time for a serious change at many positions in Athens. Stop Buc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fire_dawg

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds