Forum

RIVALRY

16 years 9 months ago #4949 by dapolla
RIVALRY was created by dapolla
So ESPN.com is running this series on \"under-the-radar\" rivalries in college athletics. So far they've featured Williams/Amherst and UNH/Maine. My personal hope is that they'll feature my favorite under-the-radar rivalry, Winthrop/Coastal Carolina.

However, just reading about the heat and passion surrounding these games gets me excited. Makes me think about the Tech game, the Auburn game, the Tennessee game and, yes, even though I hate thinking about it, the Florida game. SEC Media Days starts today, and I'm through-the-roof excited. Wearing my new Georgia jersey, my new Dawgs hat, and working from home so I can listen in.

One of the great anecdotes is from Williams/Amherst, where Amherst has a 6-2 record at the end of the year while Williams finishes 4-4, but one of their 4 victories was over Amherst. The coach says it's the only time he's ever been congratulated on a .500 season, where as Amherst \"had a so-so year.\" Ain't that the truth? Last year, at the time of the Tech game, even though we beat Tech they had a better record than us, they were on their way to their conference championship game, and they had the best wideout in the country. but at 8-4, and them 9-3, WE had the better year, even before the embarrassing ACC and Gator Bowl losses. Why?

15 to 12, that's why!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 9 months ago #4951 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:RIVALRY
Oh, yeah....no matter what those Yech fans say, their season was ruined with that loss to us. They all thought 06 was the year that they were gonna break their losing streak to us. It rattled them so badly, they lost both of their last 2 games, and made the conference they play in continue to look weak. Losses to Kentucky, West Virginia, and to UGA in bowl games tend to do that, especially when you were supposed to win all 3 of those...well, maybe not the West Virginia game, but the other 2 were definitely supposed to win their bowl games. Number 1 defense in the country my a**! Kinda hard to make that claim whenever you get shredded for 34 points, most of them in the second half, by a supposedly so-so SEC team, huh, Virginia Tech?

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 9 months ago #4971 by fire_dawg
Replied by fire_dawg on topic Re:RIVALRY
I know it has been said before, BUT I'll say it again. Give Reggie Ball 4 more years!!:laugh:

More
16 years 8 months ago #5131 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re:RIVALRY
Living in Tn. the Tn. game is paramount. It's hell being surrounded by puke orange retards. Oh to be back home amongst the red and black.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5135 by OvalG
Replied by OvalG on topic Re:RIVALRY
You can say that again AverageDawg!
I too live in Tenn. and its awful when UT wins let alone against our BELOVED Dawgs.
The guys at the Fire Station were joking just yesterday that I hate Tennessee soo much, if Tenn played Al-Qaida I would cheer for Al-Qaida.:evil:
Seriously, I don't drink from Orange cups at work (they threatened to get rid of all non orange cups:angry: ), I also won't wear Orange cloths...Man do I hate the Tennessee Vols.

Here's hoping WE beat everyone this year, Especially Tennessee!!
MARK G

G-E-O-R-G-I-A

More
16 years 8 months ago #5141 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re:RIVALRY
And that other team that wears some orange...don't forget about them. Hoo, boy, a good year that would be if we clip Ten and Fla.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds