83 59

Volunteer Staff - No Ads
Help with Expenses

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Defense

Defense 3 years 11 months ago #49312

I'm watching the replay of the UGA-TN game again...a few quick observations about our defense.

1. They played admirably, but the rust on Tree and Rambo is definitely noticeable
2. We were willing to give them running yards to prevent giving up the home run through the air
3. We will NOT face another offensive line as good as TN's unless at some point we're lined up across from Bama, and we will NOT face another QB with as quick a release as Bray
4. I did pay a bit of attention to Jarvis and I definitely didn't see loafing...I did see a scheme that had him peeling off to maintain lane coverage that falls in line with preventing giving up the home run.

What I think this means for Saturday...yes Shaw is much improved in his passing, but he's not the downfield threat that Bray is, especially with a bum shoulder, and he DEFINITELY doesn't have the downfield weapons Bray does. When healthy, SC doesn't come close to the skill across the line that Tn has...especially with their right tackle coming off a shoulder sprain...don't think Grantham and Jarvis won't key on that one! Obviously we have to defend the pass, but we don't have to give our secondary the help against it like we did with TN, and we WILL get pressure on Shaw. I may be fooling myself with wishful thinking, but I think we see a completely different Georgia defense this weekend.
  • Mike Honcho
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Defense 3 years 11 months ago #49313

Yes.

Tennessee is the best offense we will face in the season.
  • kentdaddy
  • Sage Dawg
  • Thank you received: 193

Re: Defense 3 years 11 months ago #49318

Good Words...
  • WoodstockDawg
  • Dawg
  • Thank you received: 56

Re: Defense 3 years 11 months ago #49321

I want to see this defense come out and play like somebody just slapped them in the face time to get ANGRY and stomp some chickens.

dogbytesonline.com/ugas-"herrera-gets-no...ike-position"-62622/

Nobody picking Georgia to win I like being the underdawg.

espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/52080/predictions-sec-week-6-2

This guy knows what he is talking about.

bleacherreport.com/articles/1357816-coll...-week-week-6-edition
  • Dawg With Style
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Thank you received: 771
How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

Re: Defense 3 years 11 months ago #49333

I mentioned earlier that I thought this game will be a more comfortable win for UGA than folks realize. I'm liking UGA to win by two scores.

I haven't had a chance to watch the UT game on a regular size tv but noticed during the second half that on a couple big plays we were blitzing corners to try and pressure Bray. He picked it up and hit a wide open back or receiver in the void. Don't understand how UT always seems to have great play along the line of scrimmage, year in and year out.
  • southernlover
  • Dawg
  • Thank you received: 21

Re: Defense 3 years 11 months ago #49334

Hope you are right southerlover.

I feel we are going to have trouble blocking that front 4 and they could cause us some real problems. They are experienced and our OL isn't very experienced. In THIS league, that concerns me.
  • wlayton
  • Sage Dawg
  • Thank you received: 1252
PVBDAWG
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds

Latest Posts @Dawgs.com

• Depth problems
    • Buc, I hate to admit this but I really think the Vols have found "something" and they're starting to...
    • 3 hours 11 minutes ago
    • MONDAY MORNING START UP
    • Right on point sadlerdawg! I've been begging for some quick timing routes! Eason is barely getting 2...
    • 3 hours 20 minutes ago
    • Depth problems
    • Quote: Thanks for the kind words Buc. And no you are not wrong. What more can be said. Buckle up because...
    • 3 hours 34 minutes ago
    • Depth problems
    • Buc, I'm pretty sure if OG and I were to meet at a bar we'd either end up best buddies by night's...
    • 3 hours 46 minutes ago
    • MONDAY MORNING START UP
    • I'm kind of with Flanagan on the play calling...I think the UNC game was called great, because it...
    • 4 hours 2 minutes ago
    • Depth problems
    • Thanks for the kind words Buc. And no you are not wrong. What more can be said. Buckle up because...
    • 4 hours 14 minutes ago
    • Depth problems
    • ogredawg, must confess . . . . I borrowed some of the "toughness talk about Jacob Eason" from what...
    • 4 hours 52 minutes ago