Forum

Defense

11 years 6 months ago #49312 by Mike Honcho
Defense was created by Mike Honcho
I'm watching the replay of the UGA-TN game again...a few quick observations about our defense.

1. They played admirably, but the rust on Tree and Rambo is definitely noticeable
2. We were willing to give them running yards to prevent giving up the home run through the air
3. We will NOT face another offensive line as good as TN's unless at some point we're lined up across from Bama, and we will NOT face another QB with as quick a release as Bray
4. I did pay a bit of attention to Jarvis and I definitely didn't see loafing...I did see a scheme that had him peeling off to maintain lane coverage that falls in line with preventing giving up the home run.

What I think this means for Saturday...yes Shaw is much improved in his passing, but he's not the downfield threat that Bray is, especially with a bum shoulder, and he DEFINITELY doesn't have the downfield weapons Bray does. When healthy, SC doesn't come close to the skill across the line that Tn has...especially with their right tackle coming off a shoulder sprain...don't think Grantham and Jarvis won't key on that one! Obviously we have to defend the pass, but we don't have to give our secondary the help against it like we did with TN, and we WILL get pressure on Shaw. I may be fooling myself with wishful thinking, but I think we see a completely different Georgia defense this weekend.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Mike Honcho
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #49313 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: Defense
Yes.

Tennessee is the best offense we will face in the season.

More
11 years 6 months ago #49318 by WoodstockDawg
Replied by WoodstockDawg on topic Re: Defense
Good Words...

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #49321 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Re: Defense
I want to see this defense come out and play like somebody just slapped them in the face time to get ANGRY and stomp some chickens.

dogbytesonline.com/ugas-"herrera-gets-no...ike-position"-62622/

Nobody picking Georgia to win I like being the underdawg.

espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/52080/predictions-sec-week-6-2

This guy knows what he is talking about.

bleacherreport.com/articles/1357816-coll...-week-week-6-edition

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #49333 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re: Defense
I mentioned earlier that I thought this game will be a more comfortable win for UGA than folks realize. I'm liking UGA to win by two scores.

I haven't had a chance to watch the UT game on a regular size tv but noticed during the second half that on a couple big plays we were blitzing corners to try and pressure Bray. He picked it up and hit a wide open back or receiver in the void. Don't understand how UT always seems to have great play along the line of scrimmage, year in and year out.

More
11 years 6 months ago #49334 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Defense
Hope you are right southerlover.

I feel we are going to have trouble blocking that front 4 and they could cause us some real problems. They are experienced and our OL isn't very experienced. In THIS league, that concerns me.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds