Forum

Vanderbilt Tonight

11 years 6 months ago #48945 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: Vanderbilt Tonight

Mike Honcho wrote: Skill positions will get all the love from the press ( Murray, Gurley, Marshall, etc) but our o-line deserves a HUGE round of applause for what they did tonight...thoroughly impressed.

I am with you on that. They controlled the line of scrimmage from the first play. Moving Theus to the right side and rotating Lee, Gates and Beard seemed to make them click. Against the Vols they should be cohesive and playing as a unit. Playing calling again was spot on with maybe the exception of running Marshall wide a few more plays instead of up the gut, but overall a complete game against Vandy whose defense was ranked what 11th overall nationally.

thecountrynation.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #48946 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Vanderbilt Tonight
Our "O" line played "Grown Man Football" last night.

Marlon Brown plays "Grown Man Football".

Todd Gurley is just a SERIOUSLY JACKED UP "Grown Man" who plays "Grown Man Football".

Keith Marshall - Grown Man. Ken Malcome? Grown Man. Richard Samuels? Oh yes - Grown Man. Tavares King? You guessed it - Grown Man.

Aaron Murray chucked it like a "Grown Man".

Jarvis Jones - Grown Man. Just like always. What did you expect? I really enjoyed those sacks last night. Especially that one on 4th down. You could see it coming for about 10 seconds, like slow motion, only it wasn't slow motion - he hit the QB like a brick wall fell on him.

Last night, pretty much the entire team was a bunch of nasty, spit-in-your-eye, smash you in the mouth, shove you around like you are nothin' but a sissy-Dandy-from-Vandy, full Grown Men.

Coach James Franklin's team took it again last night, like they do every day, like they ALWAYS WILL take it. They suck and they know it and everyone on earth knows it. I used to not hate them. Their "coach" changed that.

I PROUDLY admit to being a Gurley-man, because Gurley and Jarvis Jones are the Mack Trucks of Grown Men.

:ohmy: :woohoo:

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #48947 by TampaDawg
Replied by TampaDawg on topic Re: Vanderbilt Tonight
The Dawgs played a full game all night last night!!!:) 5 stars all around except for one play on the offence.

AM threw a quick wide out pass to Keith Marshall and he was hit as he got the ball. They did that play last week to Todd Gurley and he got hit REAL hard.

They need to rework that play or throw it out of the playbook!

GO DAWG!!!!

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #48948 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Vanderbilt Tonight
Watched Mark Richt presser after the game. Richt said that he has never had a quarterback like AM. AM is a football junkie no doubt, wants the coaches to get him all of the tape they can on Drew Brees. Went on to say that AM has full control to change the play called at the line. Looked like he was spot on last night if he was changing plays.

Agree with TampaDawg on the flat pass, #4 got whacked. Mike Honcho and ogredawg, played the game back this morning, partially. Agree with you folks, offensive line wanted to let it be known that they won't be holding this group back. Offensive line looked better than what I watched last season.

Edit: Just finished reading this quote from Franklin, guess he saw the game the way some on this board did.

“I have to give credit to Georgia. They are a very good football team and are ranked in the top five in the nation for a reason. I think the difference in the game was played up front, especially with their offensive line. They did a really good job of running the ball with power and forced us to load the box, which opened up the passing game on the outside.”

— Franklin

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #48949 by WoodstockDawg
Replied by WoodstockDawg on topic Re: Vanderbilt Tonight
It was good to see a UGA team look like they are ranked...

I believe this team believes they will win every week. Has a confidence about them.

Best I have seen AM look. O-Line look great and the rotation that CWF put in really seemed to be a great spark for the them.

Let's beat down the vols early and often, then off to usc.

GO DAWGS!!!

More
11 years 6 months ago #48950 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re: Vanderbilt Tonight
Yeah, Murray definitely needs a better read on that swing pass or he needs to stop throwing it. He's going to get one of his backs murdered.

On a side note, one aspect of coaching I don't agree with is the whole Mason red shirt thing. They talk like they will keep him red shirted unless Murray gets injured for more than a game, then he would become the starter. I don't really see the advantage of playing a QB that hasn't taken a snap all year if Murray gets injured in say, the 8th or 9th game. If he's going to be the back up, he needs to be getting some playing time because from what I've seen so far, Welch or LeMay won't win a game they're starting against an SEC team.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds