Forum

Congratulations to Russ

11 years 7 months ago #48856 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Congratulations to Russ
The Augusta National comparison was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. Didn't mean to imply that either UGA or Sonny & crew were in any way racist in such a vicious way as to include dogs. Just meant to grab a few laughs. Apologies.

By the way, I was there for Russ' crowning. I've now been present for two of these (Uga VII and Uga IX) and I must say, the outpouring of emotion and heartfelt applause that Uga VI's Russ - now and forever Uga IX - received put a lump in my throat.

DAMN GOOD DAWG!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #48858 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Re: Congratulations to Russ
What is surprising is the surprise of Russ's popularity.

More
11 years 7 months ago #48859 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Congratulations to Russ

averagedawg wrote: What is surprising is the surprise of Russ's popularity.

averagedawg, Russ went from "underdawg" to "wonderdawg". Good to see you back. :)

More
11 years 7 months ago #48861 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Congratulations to Russ

dapolla wrote: The Augusta National comparison was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. Didn't mean to imply that either UGA or Sonny & crew were in any way racist in such a vicious way as to include dogs. Just meant to grab a few laughs. Apologies.

By the way, I was there for Russ' crowning. I've now been present for two of these (Uga VII and Uga IX) and I must say, the outpouring of emotion and heartfelt applause that Uga VI's Russ - now and forever Uga IX - received put a lump in my throat.

DAMN GOOD DAWG!

I certainly didn't take it that way.....all in fun imo.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 7 months ago #48878 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Re: Congratulations to Russ

dapolla wrote: The Augusta National comparison was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. Didn't mean to imply that either UGA or Sonny & crew were in any way racist in such a vicious way as to include dogs. Just meant to grab a few laughs. Apologies.

No big deal. I just have to deal with a lot of northerners and I get sick of hearing
their potshots about the south, and Augusta National is one of the things they have
brought up from time to time. As a result I am quick to defend their right as a private
organization to choose whatever membership policies they want to have.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds