Forum

UGA vs. OSU

16 years 10 months ago #4822 by GeorgiaMarine
UGA vs. OSU was created by GeorgiaMarine
Ok so i ordered my tickets today for the game Sept 1st.

Now how early do i need to get there and also, how much am I looking at paying to park.

Also who from this board is going to be there and do you guys usually meet somewhere to tailgate? If so provide me some information, as this will be a first trip to Athens for this long time Dawgs fan.

Thanks in Advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• GeorgiaMarine
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #4823 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:UGA vs. OSU
GeorgiaMarine --

The game's at what, 6:45? So I'd get there around 10 or 10:30 am...what's that you say? You're bringing a child?

Seriously, though, if you want to really take in everything, I'd come right after lunch, say about 2 or 3 o'clock. You'll be able to see the Dawg Walk, as well as the craziness of the Sanford Bridge before a game, and maybe join a tailgate or two.

Where are you staying? Anywhere you are in Athens, you should have access to The Bus. However, that late, a ride home would be a problem. So that begs the question of are you staying with friends/family or in a hotel? Then again, there might even be some folks from this board who'd be wiling to give you a ride home should you not want to deal with parking madness. Taking The Bus to downtown and then walking onto campus fromt he bus stop...well good Lord is that an experience. In terms of parking...I'm really not sure, since I've always gone with UGA faculty who already have parking. Does anyone else have an answer to this?

The crush of people is amazing starting downtown and moving onto campus. Once you pass around the arch (no going through it, unless you're an alum!), light up a cigar. By the time you're able to make it to the other side of Sanford Bridge and take your seats, you'll be done with that cigar. And you'll have met some pretty friendly rabid Dawgs while you're finishing it.

Can't wait to meet you and your boy. And all of you, by the way...COMING UP ON LESS THAN SIXTY DAYS!!!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
16 years 10 months ago #4824 by GeorgiaMarine
Replied by GeorgiaMarine on topic Re:UGA vs. OSU
Ok , Hadn't thought about Hotel arrangements, but it looks like i'll be driving back towards Augusta that night to find lodging as everything in Athens in booked for that night....guess thats not a suprise though.

Next question I have is can anyone suggest a place to find parking?

And yes, my 10 year old would kill me if i went to the game and left him at home. He's been watching Georgia games with me since he was an infant sitting in his bouncy seat. I used to joke that he recognized Larry Munson's voice long before he recognized mine.

I appreciate the info though, as I would really like to get there early enough to see the Dog Walk first hand. As for the Arch, I'll have walk around as my degree comes from Coastal Carolina as it was received while i was stationed on Camp Lejeune, actually finished my final classes while sitiing on the USS Inchon off the coast of Somalia in 1994.

Hopefully i can find somewhere local to park and can work out some type of transportation to and from that location.

I appreciate all the help!

Edit : Ok Hotel booked......Jameson Inn in Winder, Ga......appears to be about 15 minutes or so from Athens.

• GeorgiaMarine
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #4827 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:UGA vs. OSU
I'll be staying in Atlanta, but my kids live in the suburbs of Atlanta (Dallas) so it is only natural for me to stay there.

I'd love to meet some of you guys at the tailgate, but you'll have to put up with my orange shirt (and red hat).

GATA! Woof!

More
16 years 10 months ago #4830 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:UGA vs. OSU
I'm always at the Holiday Inn at the campus so am not an authority on parking. I do know there is a very big parking lot at the basketball coliseum, with buses to the stadium. Just go early, park, catch the bus and hang out around the stadium for the Dawg Walk and/or walk through campus up to Broad street and have some fun.

Hey guys, remember that we are all going to try and get together at the 1st game. How about it Steve, any luck in Dawgs.com putting a little party together for all of us forum Dawgs?

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.032 seconds