Forum

UF receivers

18 years 3 months ago #482 by jacketexterminator24
UF receivers was created by jacketexterminator24
I know it's a florida situation, but what is Meyer doing recruiting all of these receivers? What's he going to do, bulk up those he doesn't use and put them on the line? He's either the stupidest piece of s$^% in the league or more evil of a genius than Spurrier? I would appreciate some clarification and would like to know what these seven blue chip receivers are thinking? Ditch UF, come to UGA!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• jacketexterminator24
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 3 months ago #483 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: UF receivers
is in WAYYYYYYYYY over his head!!!!...Now, I'm no football coach, nor do I espouse to have knowledge of the sport beyond the critical analysis given from my Lazyboy, but a recruited WR has very limited options beyond their given talent area. With some noted exceptions (Hines Ward), receivers that don't make the grade, often find themselves playing the opposing roll on defense as a safety or cornerback. Even more rare is the receiver turned QB or RB, but this usually only occurs through injury and is temporary. Bulking up really isn't an option, since these athletes have spent their entire life being lean and fast, much of their athleticism would be lost.

Clearly, CUM has fallen off the haywagon in believing that the recruitment of a vast array of talented receivers will immedaitely vault him and his program to greatness. Point being, these blue chippers ALL want to be "THE MAN", but he can only play a few. I expect defections, if not before the LOI is signed, certainly after the first season. More important than the person catching the ball, is the person throwing it AND those charged with protecting him. All those talented hands won't amount to a pile of adult male bovine excrement, if Chris, or his successor is eating turf!

Personally, I view CUM's recruitment as a disservice to these athletes, but the ultimate decision is their's! Let the cards fall where they may!!!!!!!!....On a brighter note, CMR has lined up, yet another top 5 class of recruits, with the potential of a surprize or two on signing day!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
18 years 3 months ago #484 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: UF receivers
NC Dawg's wisdom is right on. UF in my humble opinion is setting themselves up for a train wreck. But, I don't get the $$ Meyer is getting so good luck Urban Crier, but thanks for the opportunity to let the future DAWGS "D" get after his offense. Getting hit all game with 260lb D linemen as you release the ball every time is no fun. Did that in High School many moons ago and I still wince thinking about it. The best example I can show lately is the way the defense went after Manning and took away the passing game. Result, LOSER! One demensional offenses don't really fair too well. But maybe he is another genuis, we'll just have to wait and see.

More
18 years 3 months ago #486 by NC_Dawg
Check out the attached link. Seems some defections are in the works....

LINKAGE: www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/stories/0131recblitz.html

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

More
18 years 3 months ago #487 by NC_Dawg
Almost time to decide

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER, JEFF D'ALESSIO
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 01/31/06
RECRUITING BLITZ

We already know Florida is in line to land the nation's top class, Ohio State is set to sign the nation's top tailback, and Arkansas is awaiting a signed fax from the nation's top quarterback.

But with less than 24 hours until national signing day, there's still plenty of drama left to unfold.

Among the storylines we'll be following today and Wednesday with up-to-the-minute updates on ajc.com:

• Clifton Geathers, OL, Georgetown (S.C.) Carver's Bay. No word whether the AJC Super Southern 100 lineman will pick an ACC school (Clemson, Florida State, Virginia Tech) or an SEC school (Auburn, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee).

• Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma City Southeast. Oklahoma or Southern Cal will land Rivals.com's top-rated defensive tackle.

• Jonas Mouton, S, Los Angeles Venice. His mom tells Scout.com he has picked between Michigan, Southern Cal and Texas but he'll wait until signing day to reveal his choice.

• Andre Smith, OL, Birmingham Huffman. The nation's consensus top-ranked lineman took a last-minute visit to Gainesville, Fla., over the weekend, but didn't get caught up in the Gator mania sweeping the country. "They are not going to be one of his final options," Huffman football coach Curtis Coleman said Monday. Smith will choose Wednesday between Alabama, LSU and Southern Cal.

• C.J. Spiller, RB, Lake Butler (Fla.) Union County. Rivals.com's top-rated all-purpose back will choose between Clemson, Florida and Florida State.

SIGNED, SEALED ...

These guys are off the market after coming to decisions:

• Lee Coleman, WR, Gainesville East Hall. The converted quarterback will sign Wednesday with Northwestern.

• London Crawford, WR, Mobile (Ala.) Davidson. The Super Southern 100 standout switched to Arkansas on Monday after previously committing to LSU.

• Tim Hawthorne, WR, Homewood (Ala) HS. A top-10 receiver on everyone's board, he picked Auburn on Monday night.

• Damon Williams, WR, Springdale (Ark.) One-time Florida commitment switched to Arkansas.

CHANGE OF HEART?

Don't be surprised if these prospects don't sign with the schools they originally committed to:

• Greg Billinger, OL, Parkview. Committed to Georgia over the summer, then visited Vanderbilt this past weekend. When asked Monday if her son was still headed to Georgia, Lora Billinger said, "Well, I guess, somewhat." RATZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Vidal Hazelton, WR, Chatham (Va.) Hargrave Military. Penn State already got a Miami-bound quarterback to change his mind (Pat Devlin). If the Nittany Lions convince Scout.com's top-ranked receiver to back out of his commitment to Southern Cal, it will be the coup of signing day.

• Damon McDaniel, WR, Virginia Beach Landstown. He committed to Florida on national television with star teammate Percy Harvin, then took official visits to Ohio State and Florida State.

• Kelvin Sheppard, LB, Stephenson. Maryland has leaped into the picture for the one-time LSU commitment who said last week he was considering Tennessee. "I think everybody knows, he's been wavering," Stephenson coach Ron Gartrell said. Not so for fellow Stephenson linebacker Perry Riley, who appears set on sticking with his commitment to LSU. "I don't expect any surprises from Riley," Gartrell said.

• Michael J. Gann, OL, Marist. The son of former Atlanta Falcon Mike Gann picked Army over Duke, North Carolina, Connecticut and Navy.

CLOCK'S TICKING

Finally, after months of waiting, we'll find out which programs will sign these standouts:

• Marcus Ball, LB, Stephenson. The brother of Georgia Tech quarterback Reggie Ball said he plans to announce his choice at

5 p.m. today at ESPN Zone in Buckhead. "It's Florida State or Miami," he said Monday.

• Knowshon Moreno, RB, Middletown (N.J.) South. He's Georgia's last hope to add a top-tier tailback to its class after Stafon Johnson chose Southern Cal. Will having New Jersey pal Kade Weston already in Athens help the Bulldogs' chances against Florida? "It's always good to go to school and know somebody that's where you're from," Moreno said, "but that won't be that big of a factor."

• Reshad Jones, S, Atlanta Washington. "Really liking Georgia," he says, but LSU also is in the mix.

FEARLESS FORECAST

We asked two recruiting gurus for three signing-day predictions:

SCOTT KENNEDY — Scout.com

• The South's top three uncommitted prospects will all stay in-state: Andre Smith (Birmingham); C.J. Spiller (Lake Butler, Fla.) and Deantwan Whitehead (Birmingham).

• Florida State will move up with some top players, but will sign a class that most Seminoles fans will deem disappointing.

• Ole Miss coach Ed Orgeron might be his own biggest enemy recruiting this well. The first job is getting all of these great players; his next job will be to remind Ole Miss fans that one recruiting class isn't going to turn aroud a 3-8 team right away.

JEREMY CRABTREE — Rivals.com

• Florida will have one de-commitment, making the gap between the Gators and USC even smaller and possibly allowing the Trojans to grab the top spot.\

• Reshad Jones will sign with UGA, which isn't a major surprise. But it's something people were questioning after Les Miles made a great impression early last week.

• Alabama will land Andre Smith, the top uncommitted player left on the board in the nation.

— Staff writer Carroll Rogers contributed to this article.

More
18 years 3 months ago #488 by DawgNeil
Replied by DawgNeil on topic Re: UF receivers
This isn't NCAA 2006, Urban.

Can't wait for the transfers

• DawgNeil
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds