Forum

Mark Richt Has Had Enough . . . I Hope

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #47988 by Buc
thriller, know you are a good stat man, probably have seen or know the information in the link. Like you mentioned in your post, Belue did a good job of handing the ball to Herschel Walker. Check his passing and rushing stats. After doing that, makes one wonder why he would be trying to tell folks how AM can improve his game. ;)

www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/buck-belue-1.html

Edit: What about the TD's versus Interceptions? His scores came from the ball being placed on the one yard line. Guess he wanted some of that glory.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 8 months ago #47989 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Mark Richt Has Had Enough . . . I Hope
Belue's entire career looks like one SEASON for AM. I hope his arm didn't get too sore from all that throwing! :ohmy: :lol:

More
11 years 8 months ago #47990 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: Mark Richt Has Had Enough . . . I Hope
I expected Buck to come to the defense of Jay. Once a Cat always a Cat. Take it for what it is worth, after all it is BUCK BELUE and hardly anyone listens or cares what he has to say. He will forever ride Herschals coat tails.

thecountrynation.com

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #47991 by Buc
Remembered an article that Buck had written some time back, May, 2012 to be exact. Went to my files and here is what I came away with. This "Cat" is totally full of himself and he seems to like dropping lines about who he has "rubbed elbows" with. Talk about "sugar flowing" . . . . some call it butt kissing.

One more thing . . . he likes to repeat himself, much like some of the politicians do. Reading the link below carries a lot of the same copy that is now being discussed and was written by none other than the "Famous Buck Belue" . . . again. Will be interesting when Mark Richt and Buck have some conversation. My money is on Mark Richt.

Got a kick out of this paragraph from the article below.

How will Jay be utilized this coming season? Would imagine coach Mike Bobo has plans to work Jay into the offense. Go with a two tight-end set some, in order to get Arthur Lynch and Jay on the field at the same time. The two tight-end sets are trending these days. Lynch looks like a bruising blocker. Jay can block and impact the passing game.

That is what Mark Richt is asking him to do Bucky Boy. Both things BLOCK and catch the ball.

savannahnow.com/sports/2012-05-05/belue-...tar-georgia-bulldogs

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 8 months ago #47993 by WoodstockDawg
Replied by WoodstockDawg on topic Re: Mark Richt Has Had Enough . . . I Hope
Unbelievable...

Why slam Jay Rome?...

First and foremost, CMR is the HEAD Coach, and he can do almost anything he wants to, probably has not done this enough!
Secondly, maybe he sees something in Rome and thinks he needs a little push to have the edge he needs, and that was the push.
Lastly, maybe he is, like most of this generation, entitled and is being lazy, and need his butt chewed on.

If it is the last item, then the Head Coach can do whatever he wants, and handle however he wants. I'm glad he did, and hope he does it more as players need it.

Go DAWGS...

More
11 years 8 months ago #47994 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: Mark Richt Has Had Enough . . . I Hope
I think CMR is doing exactly what he should be doing, and I really expect more of it like Woodstock Dawg has mentioned. Unless I read him wrong CMR is slowly becoming more like we believe it takes to be a more successful Head Coach, small but more positive steps in the right direction. I have a feeling some of the more shall we say "entitled ones" may complain pretty loudly until they realize it doesnt help and either fall in line or hit the trail. Whichever way it is has to be alright and we carry on. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds