Forum

Big Vince Update

16 years 10 months ago #4770 by dapolla
Big Vince Update was created by dapolla
Amidst all of the tragedy and bizarre happenings on the cover of the AJC today (wrestling fans know what I mean), here is some wonderful news about Vince Dooley:

www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/uga/st...6/26/0627dooley.html

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4774 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Big Vince Update
In regard to the wrestling tragedy over the weekend, i hope all young athletes will now realize the dangers of steroids.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #4776 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Big Vince Update
In actuality, I hope that all young athletes and middle-aged people in general understand the importance of getting therapy if you need it. Not that I want this to turn into a Benoit thread (in fact, if it does, Steve, please eliminate it), but the deliberateness, the calculating manner in which he carried out these acts and then deceived the WWE for three days, the fact that he placed Bibles next to the bodies...these acts don't suggest 'roid rage, they suggest a deep-seated insanity that finally bubbled to the surface.

Back to the thread. I sure am glad Vince is all right, aren't you? According to the article, the man is a workaholic. He's already back doing speaking engagements, and he just had a tumor removed from his throat! As Larry Munson once said about Herschel, \"Give the guy some rest!\"

• dapolla
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4801 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re:Big Vince Update
Steroids tend to cause that kind of behavior, though.....that and premature death, judging by the number of athletes employed by all the wrestling federations over the past 10 years. Not just wrestling, either, friends and neighbors. The NFL has had it's share of premature deaths from retired players due to the standard steroid-induced causes like heart or liver failure, kidney problems, and cancers. Mike Webster, Lyle Alzado, and Andre Waters immediately come to mind here. Granted, Benoit needed therapy, and he might have been seeing somebody in order to get all those anti-depressants, but it apparently wasn't good enough. Now, one last thing, and I will shut my pie-hole on this subject. Mr. McMahon was totally irresponsible in his efforts to downplay this issue and accuse the media of yellow journalisim. This thing needs to be exposed. OK, I am off my soapbox on this issue.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
16 years 10 months ago #4805 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Big Vince Update
Er...

So Vince is back on speaking engagements again, despite the raspy voice and radiation...

Frankly I'm shocked at the lack of response to that simple good fact.

\"...and they're carrying Vince Dooley off the field!\"
- Larry Munson, Auburn, 1982

• dapolla
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds