Forum

Cheers for Russ

11 years 9 months ago #47503 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Re: Cheers for Russ

sadlerdawg wrote: Limey, it's Russ for Mascot, BUC for president. B) B)

Sounds good to me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #47504 by growl
Replied by growl on topic Re: Cheers for Russ
Why would you fire someone who is winning? Keep Russ, theres no reason for him to leave. GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #47505 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Cheers for Russ
Another thought comes to mind. When "Russ" goes to Bulldog Heaven, does he get to share space with with the others from the same family tree? Or, supposing that he does not, what does that have to say about the 2011 Football Season . . . . disregard the 10 victories that "Russ" participated in. Sometimes folks can be a bit too "high falooting" from where I sit.

In the clip below it says the Seiler Family gave no further details as to why the delay. Read somewhere else that the Seiler Family thought it might be too hot in September to introduce a new mascot. Another reason to stick with a tough, grizzled veteran like "Russ".

www.11alive.com/life/Pets/248222/79/Russ...ot-for-season-opener

Georgia's new mascot Uga VIII, left, is greeted by interim mascot Russ during a ceremony to introduce Uga VIII as the school's mascot before a game between Georgia and Vanderbilt on Oct. 16 in Athens. This is copy for the jpg listed below.
Attachments:

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #47507 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Cheers for Russ
While I'm on board to definitely keep Russ, I have to admit that I am a traditionalist and would like to keep the tradition of an all white Bulldawg. I've always liked that and it distinguishes our bulldog mascot from MSU's bulldog mascot that has always been a brindle bulldog.

All white is just cool to me......definitely stands out as unique.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 9 months ago #47508 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Cheers for Russ
Appreciate each and every mascot UGA has had. Have been around for all of them . . . yikes!!

If the powers decide that "Russ" and his services are no longer needed, willing to pay the price for this "Veteran Stand In", has a special place in my heart.

wlayton, understand your thinking, and also know that you are the proud owner of the special breed. Special breed meaning . . . . BullDog. :)

I have always been the type that pulled for the "under dog" . . . . school/bar fights and the like.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #47509 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Cheers for Russ

Buc wrote: Appreciate each and every mascot UGA has had. Have been around for all of them . . . yikes!!

If the powers decide that "Russ" and his services are no longer needed, willing to pay the price for this "Veteran Stand In", has a special place in my heart.

wlayton, understand your thinking, and also know that you are the proud owner of the special breed. Special breed meaning . . . . BullDog. :)

I have always been the type that pulled for the "under dog" . . . . school/bar fights and the like.

I'm with ya Buc, always pull for the underdogs as well. I would love any UGA.......sometimes a "traditionalist" to a fault. Yeah we have "DJ", he's so much fun and pretty big (62 lbs, no fat either). He's about 90% white with a brown patch over his right eye and a small brown patch just above his tail. No matter how bad a day I may have had, he greets me at the door, with a toy in his mouth for me to throw and always puts a big smile on my face. Need to put a pic on my avatar.

You are right.....Russ does have a special place in all of us fan's hearts.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds