Forum

From Athens- My Story

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #46707 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: From Athens- My Story
WOW....great stories yd1, thriller and growl and a great subject for everyone to reflect back to their initial "love affair" with the DAWGS.

My story is pretty simple and probably typical. I was RAISED a Dawg. My family went to UGA, my brother was co-captain of the UGA golf team and I later received an offer to play golf at UGA (played at FSU....better offer, finished at Valdosta State).

I remember different stories.....like my father and mother coming home from the 14-13 win over AU when Fran Tarkenton threw that 4th down pass (supposedly drawn up in the huddle by FT) at the end of the game to win the SEC. I was outside playing football in the front yard when they drove up so excited they couldn't even talk straight (could have been the booze I guess). Or when my best friend and I at 10 years old pretended to be Ed Thilenius announcing the Ga/Fl game when "little Bobby Etter" ran in the winning TD after the botched snap on the FG..........or when my father and mother took me to the Ga/Fl game in '66 and we beat the snot out of them AND kept SOS on his back all day. Patton and Stanfill about killed him.....now THAT was fun!!!

Yep, too many memories to mention but I believe I was bleeding red and black when my mother delivered me 11/9/49.......a 62 year love affair for sure!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.024 seconds