Forum

From Athens-Game Day Friday

12 years 3 days ago #46625 by yankeedawg1
From Athens-Game Day Friday was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

I am sure that most of you have seen the below but I wanted to make several comments about it so what the hey, The Athens fish wrapper won’t miss it anyway.

Some quick-notes from Richt about the scrimmage on Saturday 4/7:

The offense passed it much better than normal. But simulating the plays they tended to let a play go so in a real game there may have been more sacks.

Clearly, the younger offensive line is being dominated by the veteran defensive line.

"Oh yeah there's no doubt. The offensive line is getting challenged every day. As you can see there wasn't a whole lot of room to run the football ... O-line's definitely got a way to go, there's no doubt about that."

Maybe this has something to do with it: The two players Richt said has stood out the most are the nose tackles, Kwame Geathers and John Jenkins.

Both have been the game at the same time.

"They're making it tough on our centers," Richt said.

Then Richt went on to say the defensive line has done well in general.

Cornerback Blake Sailors also had a "pretty big hit" during the scrimmage, according to Richt.

So… those here who have been concerned and rightly so about the “O” line have a point. However, being the optimist that I am:

We are still waiting for our stud lineman to get on campus, and this group has not had a great deal of time together. CWF will have them ready to answer the bell.

I like that they go against a quality "D" at each practice.

This will make for a big payoff come this season.

It is sweet music to my ears playing JJ and KG at the same time.

Another brick in the wall comes to my mind

They will cause problems for any “O” line that they face.

Later this week CMR said he has seen more improvement from the “O”. We can see progress and there is not a group working any harder than the “O” to get better. In time this line will get the job done. They are young and get better with each snap.

Lastly, why is it no surprise about Blake having a big hit? He did that all last season on ST’s. You catch the ball you best be ready to get popped. I like it a lot!

I am blessed to have two of my grandsons coming to town for the G-Game.

One has already as a HS freshman committed to UGA. He is a wide-out trumpet player with above average range looking to start for the Red Coat Band.

I look forward to again have the opportunity to spend some time in the stands at Sanford.

Soak it all in and let the hedges talk to me. High in the 70’s with a bluebird sky, come join us. It’s good to be a Dawg!

This is going to be a special year; it has started with a Dawg winning the Masters.

Can we find a Georgia horse to run in the Derby?

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week.

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, fire_dawg, WoodstockDawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
12 years 3 days ago - 12 years 3 days ago #46627 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: From Athens-Game Day Friday
Have a great time Sat yd1 with your family......should be great fun with perfect weather.

I won't be redundant with my feelings on our OL. Fortunately they are practicing against one of the best DL in the country. They won't have a choice but to get better....just hope they don't get injured. Our DL has a lot of nasty in it.

Everything should be in place with that one exception imo. The 1st third of the season the OL will be worse than last year....middle third about equal.....then during the "home stretch" I believe the OL will be pretty darn good. Pray for NO injuries. (oops, guess a "little" redundant"...sorry)

Again, just my opinion and really hope I'm wrong the 1st two thirds.

Enjoy the weekend yd1.....I'll be having a cool one for you at a big all day car show here in Jax. It will be fun as well.......recording the game for night relaxation. ;)

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds