Forum

1989 GATOR BOWL

16 years 10 months ago #4573 by dapolla
1989 GATOR BOWL was created by dapolla
Man I love working from home. If anyone is checking Dawgs.com RIGHT NOW and is in front of a television like me, the 1989 Gator Bowl (Georgia vs. Michigan State, CVD's final game as head coach) is on ESPN Classic RIGHT NOW. As I write, there's about 2 1/2 minutes left in the first half.

I knew there was a reason I put on my brand new Georgia jersey (#14, go Greenie!) and my favorite red Georgia cap today.

GO DAWGS, EVEN IF IT'S THE PAST!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4574 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re:1989 GATOR BOWL
I've been watching that too. Classic!

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
16 years 10 months ago #4575 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:1989 GATOR BOWL
Here's what I can't stand about ESPN. They are SO biased against Georgia sports. The Braves, Dawgs and yes, even the Yellow Jackets get such short shrift on that stinking network. I'm watching this game right now, and the only reason they're showing it is because Andre Rison set a record for receiving yardage in the Gator bowl. Is it because it's Vince's final game, where he retired as the (then) winningest coach in college football history? No. Is it because Rodney Hampton became the first Georgia player in history to score three touchdowns in a bowl game? No. Is it because Richard Tardits extended his (then) Georgia record of sacks to 29? No. Andre stinkin' Rison.

Yeah, but who won the game, \"Bad Moon\"? Yeah, that's what I thought. GO DAWGS!!!

• dapolla
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 10 months ago #4576 by UGAChemDawg
Replied by UGAChemDawg on topic Re:1989 GATOR BOWL
dapolla wrote:

Is it because it's Vince's final game, where he retired as the (then) winningest coach in college football history?

??? The was never a time when Vince Dooley was ever even remotely close to being the winningest coach in college football history.

More
16 years 10 months ago #4577 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:1989 GATOR BOWL
Whoops! Sorry. Vision was clouded there for a second. First Georgia coach to 200 victories and one of the first four, I believe, to reach that mark. I apologize for my overzealousness.

Speaking of clouded vision...man it was emotional watching them carry Vince onto the field after the game. I was really angry that they didn't budget enough time for Vince's final speech before cutting to a 1992 Arena Football League game. Stinkin' ESPN!

• dapolla
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds