Forum

NETS! NETS! NETS!

16 years 11 months ago #4403 by dapolla
NETS! NETS! NETS! was created by dapolla
While the Lady Net Dawgs met their demise in the quarterfinals, the UGA Men's Tennis team will face Illinois in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME tomorrow! This is -- so far -- an exact replay of last year, when the Net Dawgs won the ITA Indoor NC but lost in the finals of the NCAA outdoor NC to Pepperdine.

I feel kind of bad rooting against Illinois -- as a sports fan, not a Dawg fan -- because they're a 10-seed Cinderella going up against 1-seeded Goliath (that's us!). But I'm a Dawg first, and I hope we CRUSH them Illini!

You can watch the matches FOR FREE at georgiadogs.com (I think...today's matches were free). But tomorrow, wear your red and black and support your Georgia Bulldogs to win ourselves just ANOTHER National Championship!

GO DAWGS! ACE 'EM! WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF!!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 11 months ago #4406 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic UPDATE: NETS! NETS! NETS!
As of 4:10 pm, Georgia leads Illinois 1-0 in the NCAA Outdoor Tennis Championships, having won the doubles competition two matches to one.

GO DAWGS!!!

• dapolla
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 11 months ago #4407 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:UPDATE: NETS! NETS! NETS!
As of 5:27 pm, Georgia leads Illinois 2-0, as freshman Nate Schnugg has just won his match 6-4, 6-1.

GO DAWGS!!!!

• dapolla
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 11 months ago #4408 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!
It is official! John Isner won 6-1, 7-6, Matic Omerzel won 7-6, 6-1 and combined with Nate Schnugg's earlier win and the Dawgs' win in doubles competition, Georgia has defeated Illinois 4-0 to win the NCAA Outdoor National Tennis Championship! This, of course, gives them the Indoor and Outdoor NCs in the same year and pretty much makes them the best Men's Tennis team Georgia has ever fielded (let's not forget that the ONLY match they've lost in the last two years was last year's Outdoor NC, to Pepperdine).

GOOOOOOOO DAWGS!!!!

• dapolla
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
16 years 11 months ago #4409 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!
Awesome, another NC !!!! Isn't the #1 UGA player about 6' 8\" ?

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.024 seconds