Forum

UGA East Ranking -- Interesting

17 years 5 days ago #4346 by Buc
UGA East Ranking -- Interesting was created by Buc
Haven't seen this posted before, if so, apologies . . . .

sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2854920

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 days ago #4347 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:UGA East Ranking -- Interesting
What's interesting, Buc, is that Chris Low ranks us #1 in the East but spends next to no time talking about Georgia at all. Basically he states the obvious: Stafford in charge, possible holes in our secondary.

So what does this say? I think it says that, since 2002, we've proven that it ain't smart to pick against Georgia in the East. Winners in '02, '03 and '05, and only a half-game out in '04? Add into that the fact that the ENTIRE national championship team (save Percy Harvin and Mr. Pancake) is now in the NFL, and the fact that in NONE of his two-year tenures (at Bowling Green and Utah) has Meyer won with his own players. Add into that the fact that you've got some pretty brilliant offensive minds (Spurrier, Richt) in the SEC who've had two years to look at Meyer's offense, as well as some pretty brilliant defensive minds (Saban, Miles) who've had time to do the same. Then add the combination of a mexican standoff where Spurrier beats Tennessee, UT beats Florida and Florida squeaks by SCarolina but loses to LSU...yeah, I'd pick the Dawgs too!

Then again, if you'll look at my predictions, I did pick UGA to play in the BCSNC game against USC. So I'm biased.

GO DAWGS!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 4 days ago #4351 by Dawgforlife
Replied by Dawgforlife on topic Re:UGA East Ranking -- Interesting
i read that report the other day. i, of course, agree with us winning the east. i don't agree really on FL only finishing 3rd behind tenn. reason for not agreeing is because of the talent that has been coming into FL, they may have been getting talent and might beat everyone else but its payback time for the next 1000 years and they wont be beating the dawgs anymore :woohoo:

• Dawgforlife
  • Visitor
17 years 4 days ago #4352 by TopDiggidyDawg
Replied by TopDiggidyDawg on topic Re:UGA East Ranking -- Interesting
dapolla wrote:

What's interesting, Buc, is that Chris Low ranks us #1 in the East but spends next to no time talking about Georgia at all. Basically he states the obvious: Stafford in charge, possible holes in our secondary.

So what does this say? I think it says that, since 2002, we've proven that it ain't smart to pick against Georgia in the East. Winners in '02, '03 and '05, and only a half-game out in '04? Add into that the fact that the ENTIRE national championship team (save Percy Harvin and Mr. Pancake) is now in the NFL, and the fact that in NONE of his two-year tenures (at Bowling Green and Utah) has Meyer won with his own players. Add into that the fact that you've got some pretty brilliant offensive minds (Spurrier, Richt) in the SEC who've had two years to look at Meyer's offense, as well as some pretty brilliant defensive minds (Saban, Miles) who've had time to do the same. Then add the combination of a mexican standoff where Spurrier beats Tennessee, UT beats Florida and Florida squeaks by SCarolina but loses to LSU...yeah, I'd pick the Dawgs too!

Then again, if you'll look at my predictions, I did pick UGA to play in the BCSNC game against USC. So I'm biased.

GO DAWGS!!!

I choose the Dawgs every year for the NC, I am incredibly biased.

GO DAWGS!!!

How 'Bout Dem SEC Champion Dawgs!?

More
17 years 3 days ago #4360 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Re:UGA East Ranking -- Interesting
Me too. I doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I think the Dawgs have a chance to win the NC every season. :)

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds