Forum

Vol fan selling fan loyalty on Ebay.

18 years 4 months ago #425 by blackcoat
Vol fan selling fan loyalty on Ebay. was created by blackcoat
This is to funny I thought I would share this with other Georgia fan’s I’m going to bid and give him for a present if I win. Want to check it out go to Ebay item #8736520890 under advance search (I think).

Go Dawgs.

Editor note: This is an Ebay item of a Tennessee fan selling his loyalty to whomever the winner chooses. Fan appears desperate to be a fan of a winning team. Funny but sad. The Dawgs had some bad years not long ago. I am sure glad those days are gone.
editor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• blackcoat
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 4 months ago #426 by oledawg
Replied by oledawg on topic Re: Vol fan selling fan loyalty on Ebay.
Cute. Since I live up here in "Orange Country" I hear all kinds of stuff. Most of the folks are really nice and have some awareness of SEC Football. (but there are always a few at every school...need I say more) UT has a long and proud SEC tradition and they will be back. UT and UGA since 1980 have had 5 losing seasons between them. (UGA 3 seasons and UT 2 seasons) The year after the "down" seasons the most losses each has had is 2 games. UT fans, (those that go to the "Purina Bowl) expect UT to win every game. We expect the same from our team. If UT gets behind or is playing poorly the "good time" fans leave. Note the UGA/UT games played in Knoxville. The "real" fans stay to support their team. That's the time the TEAM needs the fans the most. The reality of SEC football is that there are lots of good teams capable of beating you on any given Saturday. Emotion, attitude, preparation, injuries, execution, and coaching all play a role. To run the table requires those things plus some luck. UT has been sliding down hill the last few years and Phat Phil decided the formula was not right, so he changed the coaches. Cutcliff is a good coach and the promise is to change the dicipline and produce winning teams. The coaching staff bears the burden of preparing the team and producing victories, the players who failed to execute this year will get new coaches next year. Will the players retain their scholarships? Only the future knows. I'm personally glad that we at UGA have a head coach like MR, he and his system, staff, and teams have the support of the "real" UGA Nation. Would NEVER even consider changing. Win lose, or draw.....BULLDAWG FOR LIFE!!!!!!

More
18 years 4 months ago #427 by blackcoat
Replied by blackcoat on topic Re: Vol fan selling fan loyalty on Ebay.
This crazy person is my brother and he wanted to pass this along.

First off this has nothing to do with a loosing season, I have been a N.O. Saints fan longer than a Vol fan I think that should tell something.

I haven’t been a Phat Phil fan ever he is a ok head coach but I would give my right are for MR or SS, UT has been in need of something fresh for 15 years. Yes, Cutcliff is a good coach but we could have gotten a great one , Phat Phil did what was comfortable for him not what was best for the program. So after 25 years I’m trying something new for 1 season life is short try something new. I’m not burning my orange and white hat’s and shirts like some did stirring the pot is all and having some fun. Good luck in the bowl game DAWGS it could be my new favorite team.

• blackcoat
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 4 months ago #432 by jgriffin
Replied by jgriffin on topic Re: Vol fan selling fan loyalty on Ebay.
I've got to let it out! Fault me for the wrong venue, but I see the connections, and this site has certainly been a joy to me. I've read every post, so I know I'm in good company, whether I agree with each one, or not.

Oledawg and blackcoat, with absolute respect, why are you surprised by the description of Phat Phil's mentality ("Phat Phil did what was comfortable for him not what was best for the program.") That's the same as EVERY politician now running our states and country. He knows he can retire comfortably, receive invitations from ESPN for "analysis", and even influence many decisions involving the DAWGS and UT. No accountability required! Just money in the bank!

I have a long-time, true friend from Mississipi. He's still without adequate housing. He gave the best he had for his country in Vietnam as a draftee, and, by all accounts, he gave a lot. My son was in Miss., and gave him his cell-phone. He and his family are sleeping in a tent, still! It was 42 last night. That's OK for campers, I guess. The problem is that he was promised help from FEMA months ago! His "trailer" is still in Arkansas, he thinks, and will remain there at least until after Christmas, because of the politician's Christmas Break.

This is not the mentality the dawgs stand for, this year, or fifty years ago. It always begins with doing what's best for the TEAM. DJ was the front-liner in this respect this year, but it took scores more. I'm hanging my hat,
my hopes, and my efforts to see that it continues. When I say GO DAWGS! it represents a lot.

• jgriffin
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.025 seconds