Forum

Season Well Done!!!!!!!!!

18 years 4 months ago #405 by NC_Dawg
Season Well Done!!!!!!!!! was created by NC_Dawg
Lord, it's hard to believe that it's almost over! Seems like just yesterday we were all anxious to get the season started and EVERYONE had questions about what would unfold. The Dawgs were doubted from every possible angle and it wasn't until midseason before we ceased being the underdawg to our scheduled rivals. Preseason polls predicted the Dawgs would fall to 3rd in the SEC East due to the talent that left. Yet, as surely as the prognasticators words inspired the Dawg Nation, it was, once again, CMR and these fine young men in Red and Black that proved EVERYONE wrong!

Throughout this season I've said that I thought this team was different and that something special would occur. The losses to UF and AU cast a shadow on this possibility, yet, in retrospect something truely special, if not amazing DID occur. This team beat all the odds, reloaded, battled and won the SECC. Twice now, since CMR took over, has UGA held the top spot in the SEC. CMR has built a quality program, not a quantity program! This is easily justified and exemplified by athletes like Greene, Pollack and Shockley that believe in the system more than themselves!

As Dawgs we've all had the tendency to recall the "glory" days of the 80's and cite chapter and verse the games, players and performances of Belue, Scott and Walker. Folks, we are NOW very fortunate to be witness to the newest chapter of Dawg History!

So, with another cherished milestone placed in it's rightful spot, we now look toward the bowl season, recruiting and that horribly LONG summer hiatus before it starts over again. Yep, you can't spell sUGAr with out UGA! I'm DAMN proud of this team and DAMN fortunate to be a Georgia Bulldawg!

Merry Christmas to everyone on Dawgs.com!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
18 years 4 months ago #408 by TopDiggidyDawg
Replied by TopDiggidyDawg on topic Re: Season Well Done!!!!!!!!!
I have a feeling we're going to be underdogs next year as well

How 'Bout Dem SEC Champion Dawgs!?

More
18 years 4 months ago #409 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: Season Well Done!!!!!!!!!
We won the Championship for the Georgia Bulldog Nation. Let's win the Sugar for Shockley.

• jacketexterminator24
  • Visitor
18 years 4 months ago #415 by TopDiggidyDawg
Replied by TopDiggidyDawg on topic Re: Season Well Done!!!!!!!!!
And for BLUUUUUUUE!

I've been wondering which UGA Jersey I should get it's gonna either be:
Mohammed Massoquoi, Thomas Brown, Greg Blue, DJ Shockley, or DeMario Minter...

How 'Bout Dem SEC Champion Dawgs!?

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds