Forum

Tickets

17 years 2 weeks ago #4048 by RxCowboy
Tickets was created by RxCowboy
Forgive my ignorance, but when do football tickets go on sale? I haven't bought season tickets yet. Given the distance I live from Athens (and the fact that I work some weekends parttime) it wouldn't make sense for me to. But it seems that I've gotten my faculty ticket purchase form by now the past couple of years. Did I miss it?

GATA! Woof!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 2 weeks ago #4050 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Tickets
I don't know about faculty ticket purchases but I believe you can order tickets now. I thought I saw an ad somewhere, just can't remember where. I'll try and find it.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #4053 by Dawgforlife
Replied by Dawgforlife on topic Re:Tickets
im also looking for somewhere to buy tickets without getting scammed. if you guys know of anywhere to get them please let me know.

• Dawgforlife
  • Visitor
17 years 2 weeks ago #4055 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Re:Tickets
I have watched the resell ticket market for many years. The other dawg boards have some listed occasionally but I do not know how many of those are scams.

We have an unofficial policy of not allowing third party ticket sales in the posts on this board. The deals sometimes go bad and people get upset at us about it. It's not worth it. However, I have allowed regulars to post ticket for sale ads from time to time for very special situations.

Other than scams another problem is you have to post a way to get in touch, maybe an email or phone number. This is a large security breach if you like your privacy.

Last year I had a link to a legitimate third party ticket broker. The prices were high but they were premium seats. And I mean top notch seats. And your privacy is protected since it is a secure transaction over the Internet instead of posting a phone number on a board. Last year many people decided to spend a little extra money, deal with a reliable source and get a premium seat.

It is no easy task hooking up with tickets through a third party. I had success many years ago looking in the AJC classified ads for a season ticket holder that wanted to sell off a few games. I do not know if that still works.

The ticket broker ad will appear soon if you want to look through their inventory and prices. Be prepared for sticker shock since premium seats get premium prices.

Steve

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

17 years 2 weeks ago #4068 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Tickets
RxCowboy wrote:

Forgive my ignorance, but when do football tickets go on sale? I haven't bought season tickets yet. Given the distance I live from Athens (and the fact that I work some weekends parttime) it wouldn't make sense for me to. But it seems that I've gotten my faculty ticket purchase form by now the past couple of years. Did I miss it?

My uncle is faculty (hence my season ticket hookup). Faculty forms should go out in May. As for extras...it helps to stay friends with undergrads, is all I can say.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #4073 by RxCowboy
Replied by RxCowboy on topic Re:Tickets
dapolla wrote:

My uncle is faculty (hence my season ticket hookup). Faculty forms should go out in May. As for extras...it helps to stay friends with undergrads, is all I can say.

Thanks much. That was the info I was looking for. I thought I had gotten them by this time last year, but really couldn't remember.

I only put in for Colorado tickets last year, but didn't get them because of the high demand. I ended up going anyway after buying the tickets on eBay. I can't afford to take a chance on missing out on the Oklahoma State game, so I may go ahead and buy season tickets.

GATA! Woof!

• RxCowboy
  • RxCowboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds