Forum

Selling Like Hotcakes

17 years 1 month ago #3806 by Buc
Selling Like Hotcakes was created by Buc
Can we get Guinness in here to check on this? Because I bet you a dollar this is the world's most expensive parking spot:

Developers in this college town are catering to a new real estate niche: High priced parking spaces for upscale University of Georgia alumni looking to ease the process of finding a place to park and a place to stay on gamedays.

In a new 250-spot, 18-acre lot due to open next year, well-heeled alums can pay $30,000 to get a guaranteed parking spot for their recreational vehicles.

Now, for your 30 grand(!) you get \"amenities like televisions, live music, restrooms, picnic pavilions and a shuttle to campus,\" but this is a parking spot you pay property taxes on. And they're apparently selling like hotcakes:

\"It's been very well-received,\" [former UGA kicker Kevin] Butler said.

I don't think this would work at a place like Penn State, where you get off the freeway -- after you wind your way through 30 miles of backroad -- and there are two things: wide open grass and an enormous 100,000 seat stadium.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 1 month ago #3807 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Selling Like Hotcakes
So you would be buying a piece of real estate in the form of a parking space for $30,000????? and you would be paying property taxes every year on top of that???
I had rather continue to stay at the Holiday Inn 2 nights ($185/ night approx) each game and park in their FREE parking lot.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 1 month ago #3821 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Re:Selling Like Hotcakes
They have been selling RV spots at several locations around the stadium for the past few years as the parking has become more restricted on campus.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

17 years 1 month ago #3823 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Selling Like Hotcakes
Wow, think I will go out and buy some big parking lots, put a stadium in the middle of them, and make a fortune !?!?

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds