Forum

Bringin Out The Brooms!

17 years 1 month ago #3803 by dapolla
Bringin Out The Brooms! was created by dapolla
In the \"Any Win Is A Good Win\" department, our Georgia Diamond Dawgs secured a sweep this weekend of the Auburn InsertMascotHeres, 4-3, 3-2, 6-2. Friday and Saturday were nice tight games in this historic rivalry, and as per usual, the Dawgs came out on top!

As a side note, I took my kids, my uncle, his wife and their kids to Saturday's game. It was my daughter's first baseball game, period. Excellent experience, and a good time was had by all. Walk-off wins are the best in the world, and Matt Olsen provided us with some ninth-inning drama to secure the win.

I'm feeling a little better about this year, because while I still don't like being below .500, I like being 3-0 in SEC competition a hell of a lot. I also like Auburn being 0-3 in conference play.

GOOOOOO DAWGS!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 1 month ago #3804 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Bringin Out The Brooms!
dapolla, sounds like a great time and looks like the Dawgs might be cranking it back up. Did they look like their old selves this weekend?

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 1 month ago #3805 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re:Bringin Out The Brooms!
Well, like I said I only saw Saturday's game. I listened to about half of Sunday's game on the radio before I drove out of range. I'd say that on Saturday we were definitely hitting the ball better than we have been, but MAN is Auburn good defensively! They were making catches and throws like I've never seen a college team make. I was shocked that we swept them with that defense, honestly, but glad. On Sunday we sounded more like our old selves...giving up 2 in the first and then scrapping back and sprinkling 6 runs over the rest of the game.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds