Forum

RB?

17 years 3 months ago #2995 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: RB?
First of all, I think Brown could redshirt next year because it usually takes longer than a year to get back 100% from his type of knee surgery (ie--Lumpkin a couple of years ago, took him a good year and a half). Think Lumpkin will start but that Moreno will take over as the #1 back BEFORE midyear. Word has it that Moreno was the best back they had LAST year but wanted to redshirt him. King may ultimately be the best but right now just hope he gets in school.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #2999 by dawgs511
Replied by dawgs511 on topic Re: RB?

First of all, I think Brown could redshirt next year because it usually takes longer than a year to get back 100% from his type of knee surgery (ie--Lumpkin a couple of years ago, took him a good year and a half). Think Lumpkin will start but that Moreno will take over as the #1 back BEFORE midyear. Word has it that Moreno was the best back they had LAST year but wanted to redshirt him. King may ultimately be the best but right now just hope he gets in school.

well, sounds like our running game for next year is set. still a little worried about the passing game, but with sean bailey back, that adds some stability. just cant wait till A.J. Green gets here.

• dawgs511
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 3 months ago #3000 by wlayton
I'm with you dawgs511, Green is going to be unbelievable. He'll be another Calvin Johnson with TWICE the stats because Reggie Ball won't be throwing to him, Stafford and Gray will be throwing to him over his career.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 months ago #3001 by dawgs511
Replied by dawgs511 on topic Re: RB?

I'm with you dawgs511, Green is going to be unbelievable. He'll be another Calvin Johnson with TWICE the stats because Reggie Ball won't be throwing to him, Stafford and Gray will be throwing to him over his career.

heck, put set the countdown thing for when AJ Green starts the season opener of 2008. haha

• dawgs511
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 3 months ago #3003 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: RB?
Lumpkin's earned it. If I were Richt, here's how I'd go:

Lumpkin, Moreno, King. Thomas Brown has, I believe, already stated that he's redshirting next year, or it's been stated for him.

Knowshawn Moreno(I believe I spelled his first name correctly) is supposed to be the real deal. We wrestled him away from Southern Cal, his first choice.

Speaking of AJ Green and wide receivers, Sidney Rice has decided to go to the NFL, leaving Darth Visor with one less weapon to use against us in Athens next year. HUGE sigh of relief, almost bigger than I gave when Troy Williamson left SCarolina, but not close to the one I let go when Ko Simpson left.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 3 months ago #3005 by wlayton
I'm with you dapolla, Lumpkin has earned it but if Moreno is better.......play him. Mark will always play the best player that he believes will help us win (ie, stayed with Stafford over sentimental Joe T.). Nice problem to have, isn't it?

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds