Forum

It's Official,...........

17 years 3 months ago #2947 by NC_Dawg
It's Official,........... was created by NC_Dawg
Saban agrees to contract with Alabama

By Alex Marvez
Sun-Sentinel.com
Posted January 3 2007, 10:34 AM EST

DAVIE -- The Nick Saban coaching era with the Dolphins has ended.

A source said Wednesday morning that Saban has agreed to become the new head coach at the University of Alabama, ending his two-year tenure with the Dolphins.

A source said Saban failed to show this morning for a scheduling meeting at team headquarters in Davie with Dolphins owner H. Wayne Huizenga. Saban told Huizenga of his intentions via telephone and then informed all of his coaches by speakerphone that he was leaving to accept the Alabama position, the source said.

The deal reportedly is worth between $30 million and $32 million over eight years, although the actual value could vary based on guarantees and other clauses. Saban just finished the second year of a five-year, $22.5 million contract with the Dolphins.

College success, including a 2003 national championship with Louisiana State, and an NFL reputation as a defensive guru while working as a coordinator in Cleveland during the early 1990s made Saban the Dolphins' top candidate to replace Dave Wannstedt following a disastrous 2004 season.

But after a 9-7 record and six-game winning streak to end last season, the Dolphins didn't live up to preseason expectations in 2006. The Dolphins finished 6-10 and enter the offseason with one of the NFL's oldest rosters as well as uncertainty at quarterback stemming from Daunte Culpepper's knee problems.

LINK: www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro...=sfla-dolphins-front

##############################

Can't wait to spank them next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 3 months ago #2953 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: It's Official,...........
What a slimeball. He did the same thing to LS-Who? when he left there for the Dolphins. Say what you want about Spurrier, but at least he was upfront and honest about what he was going to do.

By the way, the deal is 8 years, $32 mil, ALL GUARANTEED. 'Bama is mortgaging their entire future on this sleazebag. What are they going to do when Paul Bryant Jr. loses his cool after a 7-5 campaign and fires him after two or three years?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 3 months ago #2956 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: It's Official,...........
I just went on a Bama forum to see what was being said and one of the posts was discussing which teams would give Bama the toughest games in the '07 season. They listed UT, AU, Ark, LSU and of all schools--FSU !!! They didn't even mention UGA as a tough game. FSU??? Tougher than UGA??? Come on, give me a break!!

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 months ago #2957 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: It's Official,...........
That's billboard material if ever I saw it. LET'S MAKE THEM PAY!

Does anyone remember MAN ENOUGH!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 3 months ago #2960 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: It's Official,...........
Yeah, I remember the "man enough" game, it was a great win !!!

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds