Forum

WE ARE GEORGIA !

17 years 3 months ago #2896 by Elvisdawg
WE ARE GEORGIA ! was created by Elvisdawg
Before i even start my comments let me state my respect for Marshall and their fans and what they have been thru. Our first half of the "Peach" Bowl in no way compares to what they went thru but i have rarely felt as disappointed as when we went down 21-3 after initial domination on our part. Secondly, please no Jim Donnan comments..........Sunday my wife and i after church we went to see "We are Marshall". Absolutlely one of the finest and most moving movies of ANY kind i have ever seen. Even if you are not a football fan this movie will move you and inspire you. It was the perfect choice after our totally inspiring comeback in the second half. The #1 defense in the nation reduced to rubble by our DAWGS !!!!!!!! Was this the same "O" that we have been so disappointed with at times this year? (and we still dropped a ton of passes !!!) The major credit of course belongs to OUR DEFENSE who i think became the NUMBER ONE defense in the NATION for the bowl season. As great as our offense played, the defense shut Tech down and gave the offense so many opportunites to win the game for us. VA Tech allows 2 TD's in 6 games and we roll in the second half, UNBELIEVEABLE !!!! Truly like Marshall rose from the ashes our DAWGS rose from the ashes of the first half to take our place amoung (in my opinion) the elite at the end of the season. 3 wins in a row over ranked teams and pounding the #1 defense in the nation, that is why i say , WE ARE GEORGIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no greater stadium than Sanford, no greater running back than Walker and nothing greater in all of football than being a Georgia Bulldog !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Elvisdawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 3 months ago #2901 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: WE ARE GEORGIA !
Great post Elvisdawg. I think all the Dawg nation agrees with you !!

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 3 months ago #2927 by missy30187
Replied by missy30187 on topic Re: WE ARE GEORGIA !
oh my...I just saw We Are Marshall and I just have to say what a moving movie. I'm still wiping my eyes..yeah yeah I'm a cry baby..I'm a girl what can I say...anyhow i love the fact that it is finally being shown that college football is more then just a game...its a way of life..its a family..no matter what team you root for or how bad or good your team does..its all about believing and coming together to support your family..

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!! always number one in my heart

• missy30187
  • Visitor
17 years 3 months ago #2940 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: WE ARE GEORGIA !
You are right, missy30187 (I also saw it yesterday and will have to say my eyes filled up several times, some sadness, some joy).

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds