Forum

FED UP !!

17 years 3 months ago #2887 by wlayton
FED UP !! was created by wlayton
Geez, I've had it with the Florida Times Union here in Jacksonville, Fla. This morning's paper had ONE small article with NO stats from the game, NONE !! UGA got no more press than the Navy game, Texas Tech or the Alamo bowl. The Jacksonville Bulldog Club is the BIGGEST Bulldog club in the country. This is totally unexceptable. When I'm in Athens for a game, the Athens Banner Herald has more press on the Saturday regular season Gator game in the Sunday paper. They at least have the stats on the game. I know I live in Gator country but with the largest fan club in the country (that also BUYS Fla Times Union papers) UGA deserves more press, especially when this was probably the best game so far in the bowls(TT had a great game as well). FED UP with our local paper.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 3 months ago #2889 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re: FED UP !!
That's interesting. Even though I don't take the TU, I'm friends with the publishers son. The father is a UGA alum and both are big 'DAWGS fans. I'll have to inquire about why the lack of coverage. It seems that this was an issue a year or so ago and it had something to do with the individual writers and how they cover events.

More
17 years 3 months ago #2891 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: FED UP !!
southernlover, it would be great if you would ask them. Get a T-U paper and see what I'm talking about. If you can't then go to Jacksonville.com and view the T-U's "wonderful" coverage. I also submitted my opinion to the T-U's "Rants and Raves" section.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds