Forum

D-fence

18 years 6 months ago #273 by Dawgforlife
D-fence was created by Dawgforlife
Even though the gators put two in the endzone in the first quarter, the dawgs d-fence never gave. After those two td's, what exactly did the gator offense do? nothing. Although we play as a team the offense needs practice while the d-fence can keep on churning with the same pace. and thats why the statement "d-fence wins championships, not offense" stays alive to this day.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawgforlife
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 years 5 months ago #294 by Ike Dawg
Replied by Ike Dawg on topic Re: D-fence
Did you forget about how lucky we got when wynn fumbled the ball on the 2 yard line. After that our d played outstanding but if he didn't fumble that ball it could have gotten really ugly. I love the Dawgs always have and always will but we did not look reaky to play and you can't do that in the SEC. I don't care if you are playing Kentucky. We are going to have to come out with some fire against Auburn or it will get ugly quick.

• Ike Dawg
  • Visitor
18 years 5 months ago #298 by jwthompson1962
Replied by jwthompson1962 on topic Re: D-fence

Did you forget about how lucky we got when wynn fumbled the ball on the 2 yard line. After that our d played outstanding but if he didn't fumble that ball it could have gotten really ugly. I love the Dawgs always have and always will but we did not look reaky to play and you can't do that in the SEC. I don't care if you are playing Kentucky. We are going to have to come out with some fire against Auburn or it will get ugly quick.

I agree Ike. We gotta come to play, and play all 60 min. That has been a thorn in our side for a couple of years now, the offense being too inconsistent. I don't think we are a great team, but we are a good one. The offense has got to turn it up. We had some many opportunities to win against UF, but just could finish the drives off with points or sustain the drives when we needed to. Plus, Coutu missing 2 FGS really came back to haunt us. Not blaming him for the loss mind you, anybody can have a bad day. It happened to Billy Bennett against LSU a couple of years ago in Baton Rouge. The Defense stepped it up after those two quick scores, and yeah the fumble by Wynn was a godsend. I hate losing to gators, but we are still posed for a really good season if the offense can come to life against the barners.

• jwthompson1962
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.024 seconds