Forum

Jeff Bowden

17 years 4 months ago #2693 by wlayton
Jeff Bowden was created by wlayton
I just received word from a reliable source (not guaranteed) that Eason (receivers coach) is either going to retire or move to a non coaching position at UGA and that JB is going to be the new receivers coach. What does everyone think about that? I know that Richt and JB were a good tandem at FSU in the 90's and were very productive, BUT.............. I don't think I would want him on the staff, FSU couldn't throw it a lick this year and wouldn't it hurt recruiting the big time receivers that we need. Man, I just don't know about this move, if it's true.

PVBDAWG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 4 months ago #2697 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: Jeff Bowden
JB has the credentials and is battle tested. Most of what has happened at Free Shoes U occurred after they lost Amato, Richt and a host of assistants. The overall ripple affect is, IMHO, the real reason for FSU's downward spiral. Want another example, look at UT before, during and after the return of Cutcliffe!

Coach Eason is a DGD, but is out of his realm as receivers coach. Let him retire, or move him to the front office, bring in JB and let's see what we can do. Where's the down side? Could we possibly get any worse in production than this year or last year? JB may surprise you both from a recruiting and coaching perspective. Likewise, I believe the last time we dawgs went to the FSU pound, we hooked a damn fine dawg!!!!!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
17 years 4 months ago #2699 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Jeff Bowden
Well, Eason does need to go and you're right about, what do we have to lose? JB can't be worse than Eason....can he?

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 4 months ago #2700 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: Jeff Bowden
and ya gotta trust CMR on this one! Then again, we are commenting on something that only our sources are reporting. We could be spending our time on somehting that won't materialize.....But for the record, I've been hearing the same as you!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
17 years 4 months ago #2701 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Jeff Bowden
That's EXACTLY what was being sed last week down here in Criminole Land. A friend and co-worker of mine, who is an alum of FSU and has ties to the Athletic Program sed that Eason was about to retire or be re-assigned, and that CMR was gonna bring in Jeff Bowden as receiver's coach. From 1991 to 2001, FSU had some of the best receivers in the nation under the tutelage of JB and CMR. I agree with NC Dawg; the drop-off of FSU's team has more to do with the inevitable loss of top-rate assistants. That is the cost of having a top college football team. It also proved that Bobby Bowden is just a coaching figure-head who adopted a hands-off approach and preferred to let the assistants do the coaching...that complaint has been going on down here for the last 15 years or so. Be that as it may, as long as JB isn't the OC, I think we have good things to look forward to....like maybe, less dropped balls?

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2705 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Jeff Bowden
That would be fine for the whole Bulldog nation.

PVBDAWG

• wlayton
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.040 seconds