Forum

All-Freshman Team

17 years 4 months ago #2612 by dapolla
All-Freshman Team was created by dapolla
So Kade Weston made the SEC All-Freshman Defense, but here's the huge thing: Matthew Stafford tied with Tim Tebow for QB on the squad. That's huge, I think, considering the year Florida had vs. the year we had, and the hype surrounding Tebow vs. the missteps Stafford is perceived to have taken.

Go Matthew, and GOOOOO DAWGS!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 4 months ago #2614 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: All-Freshman Team
I think the voting for Freshman QB should have been-- 1st-Stafford, 2nd-Mustain and 3rd Tebow. What did Tebow really do that a running back (Wynn) couldn't have done for them. He never started a game, plus, he didn't play very much the 2nd half of the season when the defenses figured out what he was going to do. Matthew ended the season with 2 bigtime wins over AU and GT with everything put on HIS shoulders ONLY. Mustain won 8 games but realistically it was McFadden and Jones that won their games for UA.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2620 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: All-Freshman Team
I'm with you, wlayton...What did Tebow do that was so great? He never started 1 game, as Stafford and Mustain did, he hardly ever did anything but be a running back, and he SURE doesnt have the stats that Stafford and Mustain do. If UF was a mediocre team this year, I say that Tebow would have been on the radar a lot less. It should also be taken into account which QB meant the most to his team.....and Tebow was just a small cog in the machine at UF compared to Stafford, who was taking over the whole offensive unit .....and not just as a part-time starter, either, which was what Mustain turned out to be this season. Stafford's signature win against Auburn and his subsequent win over GT have proved, in my book that he meant more to his team's survival this season.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2621 by wlayton
Without a doubt UnderDog37.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2654 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic Re: All-Freshman Team
What happened to Quentin Moses this year? He was talked about as a top 5 NFL pick before this season. He killed his draft status.

More
17 years 4 months ago #2660 by wlayton
You're right. I must be blind because on Richt's show every week he always said how well Moses was playing (obviously sacks being the exception). Thought he had a very average season. Moses must have been reading all his press clippings. Too bad he doesn't have another year, he needs it.

PVBDAWG

More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds