Forum

Crew Suspended

14 years 6 months ago #24699 by McShea87
Crew Suspended was created by McShea87
The officiating crew from last Saturday's Arkansas-Florida game will be removed from its next scheduled assignment on Oct. 31 and won't be assigned a game until Nov. 14, SEC Commissioner Mike Slive announced today. The suspended officials are referee Marc Curles, umpire Ronnie Jones, linesman Randall Kizer, line judge Michael Shirley, back judge Michael Watson, field judge Greg Thomas and side judge Jesse Dupuy.

\"A series of calls that have occurred during the last several weeks have not been to the standard that we expect from our officiating crews,\" Slive said in a statement. \"I believe our officiating program is the best in the country, however, there are times when these actions must be taken.\"

The SEC acknowledged the crew made a mistake by calling an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty against Arkansas last week. That came two weeks after the SEC said the same crew should not have called an excessive celebration penalty on Georgia in a game against LSU on Oct. 3.

From The Birminham News

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• McShea87
  • McShea87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
14 years 6 months ago #24703 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Re:Crew Suspended
Hmmm.... Now let's replay that part of the game.;)

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

14 years 6 months ago #24704 by OldSouthDawg
Replied by OldSouthDawg on topic Re:Crew Suspended
They should be FIRED!!! They need someone to watch the ref\"s during the game and correct there mistakes when they happen if they are game changing. Just saying were sorry on monday does not cut it, the game is already over and the damage done. Come on SEC get it right, the players coaches and fans spend to much time money and sweat so ah couple of idiots who think they are God, or either on the take, can ruin this Sport or our season. We all deserve better here in the SEC. You cant tell me the SEC cant spend a little more $ and have someone review game changing calls on the spot!!!
GOOO DAWGSSSS!!!!!

Once A DAWG Always A DAWG

More
14 years 6 months ago #24707 by McShea87
Replied by McShea87 on topic Re:Crew Suspended
All personal foul and unsportsmanlike calls should be reviewable.

• McShea87
  • McShea87's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bull Dawg
More
14 years 6 months ago #24710 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re:Crew Suspended
Yes, maybe.....but we can't get into micro-managing the game to the point we are watching 4-5 hour games. On the other side of the coin though, look how much potential money it can cost a program in the future if the bad calls continue to decide games.

PVBDAWG

More
14 years 6 months ago #24768 by GABorn
Replied by GABorn on topic Re:Crew Suspended
Suspended? This officiating crew has made calls late in close games that have dramatically affected the outcomes, calls that the SEC has come out publically to condemn and they are getting suspended!?!? No this kind of blatant incompetence deserves more severe consequences. I know if I screwed up so badly twice my boss wouldn’t hesitate a second.

Now some would say I’m bitter. I am not bitter. I am not going around harping on that call and that lose, what’s done is done. And I’m not saying that if the call hadn’t been made Georgia would have beaten LSU or Aransas would have beat Florida. What is done is done. But leaving that question open because of complete incompetence means heads should roll. As a football fan I believe they should be fired, and as a Georgia fan I sure as hell think they should be fired!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds