Forum

Alabama

17 years 5 months ago #2246 by paramedic06997
Alabama was created by paramedic06997
I know this a UGA Forum, but I can't believe them Alabama people. Firing Mike Shula, man I hope we beat them by 50 pts next year. What do them Alabama hicks think? Here's a little secret to ya. This is the SEC not one school is going to dominate everybody else. Their lucky if they sqeak by as Auburn did a few years ago. What they did to Shula was wrong and will hurt their struggling program even more. Hello, your still on probation. Shula's first year with a full roster was this year and this was more of a rebuilding yr., but every yr. is a rebuilding yr. for you. Shula did a good job and last yr. would had been great for alabama if not for the injuries. Roll Tide, Roll on to the Miss St - Ole Miss bottom and play baseball, because football won't be your thing. No coach will want to come to you to have a 2-3 career ending job. Not Spurrier, or any of these other coaches who are at programs that appreciate them. May be you can find someone who loves your B. Bryant as much as you do to risk his career. Good Luck! I guess I'll have to pull for Auburn now when they play you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• paramedic06997
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2251 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Alabama
Funny isn't it.
They were 10-2 last year.
A tough year with a .500 record in the SEC and he's gone.

More
17 years 4 months ago #2276 by paramedic06997
Replied by paramedic06997 on topic Re: Alabama
I'm just glad that we aren't as crazy as them at Georgia. The Gov had to save Auburn a few years ago.

• paramedic06997
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2278 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Alabama
Until those folks get off that Bear Bryant kick over there, it's gonna be a problem. Y'all know what I mean. We gotta have someone with ties to/played for/coached with/Bear Bryant if we want to win here, and no outsidrs have a chance. Lets see.....since 1982, when Bryant died, they have had Ray Perkins, who played for and coached with Bryant, Bill Curry, who didn't do either, and didn't last but 3 seasons, Gene Stallings, who played for and coached with, Mike Dubose, who played for and coached with, Francione, who did neither, and left because of NCAA probation, That guy who never coached a down for Alabama, then Mike Shula, who was recruited by Bryant, but didnt play for him, but since he knew Bryant, that means he falls in the "ties with" category. WHEW!! I am sure glad UGA didnt fall into that trap whenever Coach Dooley retired. And for the record...that formula only worked one time for Alabama since 1982, and that was with Gene Stallings.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 4 months ago #2285 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Alabama
UnderDog37, UGA got into that trap one time with Ray Goff, a big oops.

PVBDAWG

More
17 years 4 months ago #2297 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Alabama
Yeah, we did goof once with Goff, but we learned our lesson in only one try, lol......Alabama still hasn't learned that there was only ONE Bear Bryant. Goff just didn't know what he was doing, and had no business coaching a D-1 team in the first place. Another case of a pretty good assistant coach turning out to be a lousy head coach. I hope we never repeat the mistakes of "One Play Away" Ray.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds