Forum

What Mark Richt will be thinking after we beat Tech

17 years 5 months ago #2130 by UGAChemDawg
"I knew my man Martinez would pull through. After a rough couple games, our D held Auburn to 15 points and Tech to 17. Hell, 8-4 and a Music City Bowl bid ain't bad for a rebuilding year. Plus, next year, Koutu'll be back. I think I'm gonna give ole Willie an early Christmas present this year and give him a 3 year contract extension."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2131 by UnderDog37
You're probably right, and he probably will. Beating AU was great, and I hope the trend continues against Tech, and against a future bowl opponent. Although 8-4 isn't championship material, it's still a lot better than 6-6, which is what a lot of us, myself included, thought we would end up with. As far as Martinez goes, I think the best we can hope for is if Miami offers him the coaching job whenever they give Coker the boot. If that happens, we can persue Will Muschamp, except for one problen....his defensive schemes looked none too good against us, lol....

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2148 by NC_Dawg
that one outstanding performance qualifies for something as rewarding as a 3 year contract extension. Likewise, I'm not convinced that all the defensive woes and missteps should be laid upon the shoulders of CWM! This has been an odd year for football and the Dawgs have experienced numerous set backs that dramatically impacted the overall scheme and game plan. Furthermore, I AM convinced that much of what we've witnessed is largely due to the serious lack of senior leadership. Whereas in years past our leadership begat others, this year the dice just simply rolled against us....In other words, "feces occurs"!!! Toss in "having" to play a green horn QB that played very much like a true freshman, heap on a boat load of injuries and you get the recipe that we spectators have been force fed!

I doubt that CWM will be viewed as a credible candidate for any HC job. He simply hasn't lined his resume with enough "stuff" the likes that CVG had. For the record, I'm not to the point that I want to see CWM tossed, either by choice or obligation! Given the right mix of depth and experience on the line, speedy head hunters at LB and true coverage at corner and safety, his D will bring many to their knees. As for Muschamp, let Ears keep him, I'm not interested, wasn't before the AU game and certainly not afterward!

On another matter, DAMN that Music City Bowl, I want the Peach and V Tech!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
17 years 5 months ago #2151 by UnderDog37
The 4 losses this year boil down to turnovers, weak o-line play, and lack of leadership on both sides of the ball. There were other bad breaks, too, like injuries, dropped passes that should have been caught, and a QB controversy. With a steady QB, leadership, and no injuries, we could just as easily be 11-1 right now. The only game we got blown out of in the second half was Tennesee. That was the only game that I felt like we just couldn't win once UT began to come back on us in the second half.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds