Forum

Game of the Century ??

17 years 5 months ago #2106 by GatorinGA
Game of the Century ?? was created by GatorinGA
I heard many of the sports analysists calling the Ohio State vs. Michigan game not only the (regular season) game of the year but possibly the game of the century. Are you kidding me!? Maybe I’m biased, but I argue that the matchup between the Gators and the Seminoles in 1996 was bigger.
Compare the 1996 game. No. 2 FSU beats No. 1 Florida by 3 points and the Gators were driving in the end but just could not get it done. Both teams were previously ranked VERY, VERY high for several seasons prior and always in the National Title hunt. That game meant far more then than this weekend’s game against two teams that haven’t been in contention for a National Title in several years.
Media hype!!
Ridiculous!
:roll: :roll:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• GatorinGA
  • GatorinGA's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2108 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Game of the Century ??
Last year's BCS title game(the only true one so far) between USC and Texas was better than OSU-UMich. So was the 2003 Fiesta between OSU and Miami.

Regular season games? Last year's ND-USC game and <grimace> AU-UGA game were better by far.

FSU-UF was last century lol. But if I needed a GOTC for the 20th? Give me the '84 Cotton Bowl any day. What time is it in Texas? Ten to nine.

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 5 months ago #2110 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Game of the Century ??

Last year's BCS title game(the only true one so far) between USC and Texas was better than OSU-UMich. So was the 2003 Fiesta between OSU and Miami.

Regular season games? Last year's ND-USC game and <grimace> AU-UGA game were better by far.

FSU-UF was last century lol. But if I needed a GOTC for the 20th? Give me the '84 Cotton Bowl any day. What time is it in Texas? Ten to nine.

OK, OK.
I was specifically talking about No. 1 vs. No. 2 matchups during the regular season. It is still a very rare occurance.

• GatorinGA
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2115 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Game of the Century ??
I gotta go with last years BCS title game. That 96 FSU-UF title game was a blow-out.....anticlimactic and boring. Sure, it was great for UF fans, but the game didnt live up to the hype. Last year, the game did live up to the hype. Very seldom does that happen, not just in college, but also in the pros.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2121 by GatorinGA
Replied by GatorinGA on topic Re: Game of the Century ??

I gotta go with last years BCS title game. That 96 FSU-UF title game was a blow-out.....anticlimactic and boring. Sure, it was great for UF fans, but the game didnt live up to the hype. Last year, the game did live up to the hype. Very seldom does that happen, not just in college, but also in the pros.

No, No, No, NO!
""I was specifically talking about No. 1 vs. No. 2 matchups during the regular season. It is still a very rare occurance."" :evil: :evil:

• GatorinGA
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #2125 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Game of the Century ??
During the regular season...hmmmm.....There haven't been that many during my lifetime, or at least that I was old enough to remember. I guess if there was one that I remember well, it was the regular season FSU-UF game. That one did live up to the hype, and it was so unexpected to see FSU win it, even though they were at home, and I think they were favored by the margin of victory.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds