Forum

Chik-Fil-A

17 years 5 months ago #1975 by dapolla
Chik-Fil-A was created by dapolla
So now the Chik-Fil-A Peach Bowl has simply become the Chik-Fil-A Bowl. Jeez beasties. Why can't we call bowls what they are anymore?

Capital One Bowl = Citrus Bowl
Outback Bowl = Hall of Fame Bowl(that's right, isn't it?)
Champs Sports Bowl = Tangerine Bowl
Chik-Fil-A Bowl = Peach Bowl
Meineke Car Care Bowl = Continental Tire Bowl...oh...whoops!

Another bitch-fest: How in the world do we allow money to trump tradition in the naming of the BCS bowls? How did the Fiesta Bowl get the bid over the Cotton Bowl in terms of being the fourth one? I understand the Rose, Orange and Sugar Bowls being obvious; why wasn't the Cotton Bowl included? Because Tostitos made a bigger bid, that's why. And that's a damn travesty. Now they've expanded the BCS to five games -- AND ONE OF THE BIG FOUR GETS TWO OF THEM!!!! This was a prime opportunity to bring in the Cotton Bowl. I mean, Good Stinking LORD!!!

Anyway...

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #1979 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Chik-Fil-A
You sed it. It's all about the almighty dollar. This is also the reason there will be no play-off in the D-1 level of college football.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1985 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Re: Chik-Fil-A
one need only look within our own backyard to see the impact of the almighty dollar against such pesky little things like tradition!...From the railroad track crowd, RV parking, side walk parking, grandfathered season ticket holders, tailgating to increased ticket prices and annual contributions. The traditions of Saturday afternoons in places like Athens have given way to multi-decked, nose bled venues with decreased gates manned by squadrons of security to pat down would-be alcohol smugglers. But the $$$ roll in!!!

Remember a year or so ago when technology added those line of scrimmage and first down overlay lines to broadcast productions of football games? Have you noticed that the next, most logical step was to add a little sponcer specific advertisement?!?!....Yep, the almighty dollar at work again!

I'm afraid that corporate gains will continue to be the icon of pursuit...Damn I sound like my Grandfather!!!!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
17 years 5 months ago #1987 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: Chik-Fil-A
I cant complain when the almighty dollar benefits us, though....but I still hated to see the loss of the tracks when I was a kid. Oh, and my wife was just complaining about those sponsor overlays the other Saturday. You know what makes it worse, though? We have had those overlays from local sponsors painted in the end-zones of our local high school team here at Thomas County Central High.....really tacky.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #2003 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Chik-Fil-A
Yeah...I heard the guy who invented that little yellow line is THROUGH THE ROOF rich right now. Then he invented the red line and the blue line....can you really invent a line? Or just suggest a use for it? And how much did the NFL/NCAA pay him just so they could use his idea?

We live in a stupid, stupid world. but HOORAY FOOTBALL!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds