Forum

Wake

17 years 5 months ago #1882 by dapolla
Wake was created by dapolla
I know this is a Dawgs forum BUT...

I live in NC and it's absolutely shocking how well Wake Forest is doing this year. I bring this up, and I think it's legal, O Moderator, because the Demon Deacons have an EXCELLENT chance of beating North Avenue Trade School to death down in Jacksonville. That would certainly beat the storyline of last year, when Va Tech refused to show up against a four-loss FSU team. You take away the fourth quarter against Clemson and Wake Forest is sitting undefeated. Incredible.

Okay, I'll shut up now. But believe me, as a Carolina resident, I'll have TWO reasons to watch the ACC Championship game if WFU makes it. The number one reason, of course, is to watch the nerds get stomped.

STOMP TECH!!!!

Red and Black, Win or Lose

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• dapolla
  • dapolla's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #1884 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Wake
I hate replying to my own post, but I have some more Georgia tie-ins: John Tereshinski, the only Tereshinski who hasn't played for the Dawgs - he's a tight end for Wake Forest - hauled in a 13-yard TD pass to help put the Criminoles away. Congrats, Johnny! Way to play like a DAWG!

• dapolla
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #1886 by paramedic06997
Replied by paramedic06997 on topic Re: Wake
WF is not surprising with their play. They have recruited well over the years. In a since they have been the choppers of the acc. FSU has been on the decline over the years, VT is a 50% team that shows up one week and smokes crack the other. VT and Clemson both have medocre coaching, that doesn't know had to prepare a team week after week. Miami lost there great coaches and have recruited horribly. GT and Maryland have great coaches, but little talent. Duke and NC are just dead for now. If Davis comes to NC he'll become the Spurrier of the ACC.
WF has been coming on for years, but in the past they lacked D-fense. Rome wasn't built in a day. I thought that WF would have had this season last year. But the time for the deacon is here. If they recruit well they may last a while, if not they'll fall back off. WF vs GT - nerd vs nerd
Good Luck

• paramedic06997
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1887 by dapolla
Replied by dapolla on topic Re: Wake

WF vs GT - nerd vs nerd

Yeah, well, no girl ever broke up with me and then attended Wake Forest. I have two(2)(TWO!) ex-girlfriends from high school who later went to Georgia Tech. In fact, one of them went to Tech, broke up with me two weeks after she started there, and in the next year crashed her car, had a nervous breakdown and dropped out. Shows what happens to you when you CHOOSE to attend NATS. She was the one who, the first time I talked to her on the phone after she started classes, greeted me with "What's the good word?" That should have been a sign.

STOMP TECH!!!

• dapolla
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.033 seconds