Forum

How are we going to shut down Calvin Johnson?

17 years 5 months ago #1899 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: How are we going to shut down Calvin Johnson?
let's do what clemson did: GET LOUD AS HELL IN SANFORD STADIUM AND SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF REGGIE BALL! Reggie can play 11 men on defense but I don't think he will fair to well against 92,000+ between the hedges. He never has, and he never will after this year. I'm heart broken that this is Reggie's last season. That means no more automatic wins over Tech. We'll actually have to fight for the win. Oh well. This will be, what, six years in a row we've stomped 'em. They haven't really beaten us since the eighties, simply because of ineligible athletes. Poor Tech. I cry for you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• jacketexterminator24
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1905 by dapolla

I'm heart broken that this is Reggie's last season. That means no more automatic wins over Tech.

Take heart, jacketexterminator. After all, the gNATS have extended ol' Chan Gailey's contract through 2009. Just as Richt is 5-0 against Tech, I'm fairly sure Chan is oh-fer.

I should probably check that...when did Chan start his tenure at the trade school?

Red and Black, Win or Lose

More
17 years 5 months ago #1908 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: How are we going to shut down Calvin Johnson?
Same way we always stop Johnson.....jam him off the line like Clemson did, let Ball force the throws, and then we pick the passes off. In other words, as others have pointed out...let Ball become OUR best player.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1938 by jacketexterminator24
Replied by jacketexterminator24 on topic Re: How are we going to shut down Calvin Johnson?
Thanks dapolla, I'll be able to sleep again at night. lol. But seriously, Calvin Johnson is the single smallest threat on the field if you stop the delivery boy (REGGIE!). Big Charles and Quentin just have to do what they did to Brandon Cox, and we're talking possible shutout. Reggie is like Chris Leak times 10 in terms of hitting him and affecting his game. When you hit Reggie, he'll be off. And when Reggie is off, Imean he is OFF. Calvin is a small problem as long as we hit Reggie (I think I made the point clear enough). GO DAWGS! WRECK TECH!

• jacketexterminator24
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1952 by Getdown11
The big question is can we get pressure on Ball? Plus, he is mobile. Can Ball make the reads if we blitz hard? Does Martinez have the cajones to bring the house from time to time? I think these are the million dollar questions.

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
17 years 5 months ago #1955 by UnderDog37
Replied by UnderDog37 on topic Re: How are we going to shut down Calvin Johnson?
Some may disagree, but Ball is better than usual this year. It's about time he learned the offense; he is a senior. He is also mobile, but Tony Taylor giving him a couple of slobber-knockers might change his mind about running. Give him a chance, and he will screw it up for Tech, though....:)

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds