Forum

Highest ranked team we've beaten while we were unranked?

17 years 5 months ago #1848 by UGAChemDawg
What is the highest ranked team we've beaten while we were unranked? I'm not sure if this is it or not. I seem to recall that unranked Georgia teams have beaten Florida while they were ranked like 2nd or so.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #1853 by SacFalcFan

What is the highest ranked team we've beaten while we were unranked? I'm not sure if this is it or not. I seem to recall that unranked Georgia teams have beaten Florida while they were ranked like 2nd or so.

I thought florida was ranked #1 overall and we were 2 touchdown underdogs and we kicked their tails.. what year was that..

• SacFalcFan
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1854 by bigkromedogg
Sounds like 97. The Gators were defending national champs and we won 37-17.

• bigkromedogg
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1855 by UGAChemDawg

It wasn't 97. That was a sweet win. I was at that game. We were ranked though and had a 10-2 season that year (losing to UT and AU). Florida was not #1 when we played them. They had already lost.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #1857 by SacFalcFan

It wasn't 97. That was a sweet win. I was at that game. We were ranked though and had a 10-2 season that year (losing to UT and AU). Florida was not #1 when we played them. They had already lost.

It was actually in 1985..

• SacFalcFan
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1889 by GatorinGA

Correct, the Gators had already lost to LSU. The Dawgs actually had a better record than the Gators at game time in '97. UGA lost the following week to Auburn and the Gators ended the season with a higher ranking than UGA. Sorry for the rub. :lol:

More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds