Forum

The integrity of college football is on the line Saturday

17 years 5 months ago #1751 by UGAChemDawg
With Rutgers pulling off a miraculous upset of Louisville tonight, the UGA-Auburn game takes on an even greater importance.

If Florida and Texas lose again and Auburn wins out, the very real possibility looms that Auburn could play in the BCS title game without having won their own conference championship.

We must defeat them not only for ourselves, but for the credibility of the game. It is up to us to prevent this travesty from materializing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
17 years 5 months ago #1754 by UnderDog37
If the BCS wouldn't give AU a shot when they were 12-0 in 04, so what makes you sure that they will get a shot if they dont win the SEC? Sure, stranger things have happened, but if Rutgers wins out, THEY won't get a shot, either....which will mean more playoff talk on the sport radio airways. I personally hope Rutgers does win out, and gets passed over by the BCS in favor of UF. Maybe another 12-0 team being denied a title shot will convince people that the BCS thing is sheer madness.

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
17 years 5 months ago #1769 by GatorinGA
Texas will not loose again.
I truley beleive that my Gators will loose at least one more if not two. They will loose to the Seminoles for sure.
That is my gut feeling after watching them play.

More
17 years 5 months ago #1772 by kentdaddy
According to Fox sports radio a team has to atleast play in their conference championship game to qualify for the BCS title game. I do not know if this is true. The radio guys said the rule was put in place after Oklahoma snuck in the title game a few years ago without even making their title game in the big 12.

To me if Rutgers wins out they should get a shot at the title. They play in a decent conference. It really is not much different from the Big Ten. The Big Ten is two teams plus a bunch of Vanderbilts. Wisconsin...please. Iowa is marginal and some is everyone else in that conference. I hope this gets messy so we can get to a tournament.

More
17 years 5 months ago #1774 by UnderDog37
whatever happens, this BCS crap has got to go!

• UnderDog37
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds